Fulton Hogan, www.fultonhogan.com is one of New Zealand’s largest and most prominent companies. It is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 10,000+ people strong across New Zealand and Australia with its last registered revenue being $6.67b.
They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
This is a newly created senior IT role within the growing Group Data & AI team, arising due to the increasing workload resulting in the need to split the existing role into two. You will be responsible for a Data Engineering team of 15 staff staff (mix of permanent and contract).
You will be undertake the following:
- Management and technical leadership of the Data Engineering team within the Group Data and AI department
- Contribute to creating a performance culture within the Data & AI Team as part of the overall leadership group.
- Technical ownership of the EDP (Enterprise Data Platform) including development to meet business requirements, ensuring reliability and consistent speed of data refresh.
- Quality of outputs from the development and engineering processes
- Thought leadership and recommendations of technical improvements within the Fulton Hogan data environment.
What you’ll be doing – A day in the life
Through effectively ….
- Manage the delivery of the EDP roadmap and backlog items
- Provide technical leadership in the development and expansion of the EDP
- Ensure the Data Engineering team adheres to best practices for source control and development
- Continuously look for optimisation opportunities for the EDP
- Ensure the Data Engineering team processes are followed, adhered to and continually reviewed
- Ensure the Data Engineering team delivers according to schedule and in alignment with best practices
- Recruitment and on boarding of new staff for the Data Engineering team (including contractors)
- Foster and manage relationships with Group Data and AI support vendors and other teams within FH Group IT
- Mentor, support and grow skillsets within the Data Engineering team
- Any other projects and analysis that may be required.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
To be successful in this role we are looking for a person with several of the following skills and knowledge:
- Organised, with a strong ability to prioritise and manage workload under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced and busy role with competing priorities.
- Proven experience managing Data Engineers and management of Data and Analytics projects.
- Technical leadership on Data and Analytics and/or data warehousing projects.
- Hold a relevant Microsoft certification (Desirable).
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience on the Microsoft Data and Analytics stack.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience around SSAS Tabular development.
- Proven experience working with Microsoft Data and Analytics development tools and Power BI.
- Proven experience working Azure or cloud-based platforms.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and proven development skills.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) – with the ability to manage up, down and across the organisation.
Preference is for this role to be based at Head Office in Christchurch or in Auckland. However, given the team is spread geographically, for the right person with the right skills we will consider other appropriate locations but note this will require more business travel as required.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered including salary, Medical Insurance for employee and immediate family (dependents up to 18 years of age), Life insurance, long service leave after 5 years, generous Kiwisaver contribution based on tenure, access to counselling and support services, Family scholarships applications, BP Fuel Discounts and other retail discounts.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.