- Capital Equipment / Machinery sector
- Senior Technical Management role
- Established NZ Company and Market Leading Products
- International market focus
Wyma, www.wymasolutions.com, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of post-harvest vegetable and fruit handling equipment. Wyma is based in Christchurch (where it has recently moved into a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility), with operations in Australia, UK, and Czech Republic. It has been further strengthen in May 2023 when acquired by MHM Automation Limited who is a global Agritech organisation, headquartered in New Zealand, They design and supply products and services to Agricultural customers with a focus in the meat, dairy, grain, and horticulture sectors.
Wyma have consistently continued to grow and develop their business over 25 years. Within their industry sector, they are recognised as being a world leader in innovation and delivery of innovative high-technology equipment and solutions. It products are used by processors in more than 50 countries Their brand is highly regarded and with their strong R&D focus to keep their products at the forefront of the market their products are regularly rated amongst the best in the market. The Wyma product range includes bulk product handling, washing, drying, peeling, cooling, inspection, packaging and more. Complete line solutions are available for processing carrots, onions, potatoes and fruit
This is a key technical leadership role, with a strong people leadership and development focus. Your ability to engage with, motivate and proactively encourage staff is highly important, as is your skills in developing a high level of morale within your team. Managing the workflow and performance of your engineers in relation to project tasks and personal performance objectives.
With a core focus on Product Development, you will be responsible for ensuring the design for manufacture (DFM) is successful, resulting in lower cost products without compromising product quality. You will guide your engineers to ensure the products remain world leading and ahead of competitors, that design requirements are met and that components are easy to manufacture.
You will ensure the continuous improvement of the design process and management tools. Ensuring best practice to deliver designs fit for purpose, meeting agreed timeframes giving due consideration to cost, new technology, maintenance and simplicity.
You will be responsible for a talented Engineering team of approximately 25 people consisting of Mechanical Design Engineers, Draftsman, Control Systems Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Process Improvement, and Technical Writers.
Your Skills and Attributes
You will have several the following:
- A strong people and technical leader. You must be able to lead and foster collaborative working relationships across the organisation.
- A strong design background with a combination of machinery knowledge, mechanical design, electronics as it relates to machinery.
- A strong communicator. Must be able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think strategically, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Intuitiveness to be able to quickly assess situations and act decisively and effectively. Pragmatic and practical when required.
- A working knowledge of project management principles and practices. Able to manage several projects/products simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, and ERP systems.
- Very strong 2 and 3D CAD skills
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
Note: This role is exclusive to FOSTERRA Consulting Group.