Lyttelton Engineering Group. refer https://lytteng.co.nz/, was established in 1953. The present private company was formed in 1991 and is now one of Canterbury’s largest engineering companies. It has proven itself to be one of the province’s leading marine and industrial/fabrication facilities. Its collective experience and expertise in ship repair, boiler manufacture and repair, steel fabrication and machining, and site installation and maintenance work has firmly positioned them at the forefront of these industries.
The business is structured to undertake work in three different areas:
- Ship repairs
- Heavy steel fabrication and machining
- Industrial site work including boiler manufacture, installation, and servicing,
Lyttelton Engineering Group design and manufacture Maxitherm boilers and pressure vessels, with a leading and comprehensive range from hot water to high pressure steam boilers, combustion equipment and pressure vessels. The company produced its first boiler in 1980 and since then many have been produced for locations throughout the north and south islands of New Zealand, ranging up to 25MW in size and utilising oil, gas/biogas, biofuels, and coal as fuels.
Working within the Industrial Division, you will provide specialist boiler technical support for commissioning, fault-finding, tuning and upgrades to industrial and marine boiler combustion and control systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out combustion tuning of Industrial & Marine gas, diesel and solid fuel fired boilers.
- Attend breakdowns, carry out fault finding of boiler combustion and controls systems. Assess scope of repairs and carry out and/or organise repairs as required.
- Commissioning of new / upgraded boiler plant including initial testing of systems and setting initial control parameters.
- Work with existing customers to assess existing installations and recommend upgrades to boiler combustion / control systems.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
To be successful in this role we are looking for a person with several of the following skills and knowledge:
- Trade qualified in mechanical, electrical or gas-fitting.
- Basic boiler burner troubleshooting skills, electrical and mechanical.
- Basic knowledge of pipefitting.
- General understanding of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, schematics, and drawings.
- Strong report writing and technical writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels are essential.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
A Gas Fitting registration and good working knowledge of NZ Boiler code of practice would be well regarded.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered including wages, overtime and work vehicle.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Lyttelton Engineering Group.