Fulton Hogan, www.fultonhogan.com is one of New Zealand’s largest and most prominent companies. It is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with (000+ people strong across New Zealand and Australia. They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
This is a newly created role within the Business Intelligence (BI) team. As the Test Analyst - BI & Analytics working on the data platform & business delivery initiatives you will use your experience to build test processes for data pipelines initially in an On-Premise model and later moving to an Azure Cloud Data Platform. This role will also assist with developing data testing frameworks and guidelines for future BI projects.
Key activities include:
- Test Data Ingestion using manual and automated Test Frameworks.
- Test Data Curation components to enable testing of Enterprise Data Models and Business Access Layers
- Test Integration of Data Test Frameworks with Data Platform Orchestration Framework
- Document Test cases and prepare test results.
- Create test plan and test scripts where automation is not feasible.
- Test execution for Regression test cases across all layers of Data Platform
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written form
The technical environment is the Microsoft stack – SQL, Analysis services, Power BI, MDS, and Jira/Confluence. Core systems are JDE, Workday, Force.com, Maximo, RAMM and many other smaller systems many developed in the Salesforce platform.
There are currently 9 key subject areas throughout the business that the BI team deliver to.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
To be successful in this role we are looking for a person with several of the following skills and knowledge:
- Hands on experience in testing ETL, Data Ingestion and Curation solutions
- 2 years’ experience in a Test or Data Analyst role, ideally Data space
- Experience of working on On-Premise or Modern Cloud Data Platforms (AWS / Azure / GCP) is highly desirable
- Understanding of end-to-end Data & Insights life cycle is highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication and business engagement.
- Experience in release management and defect control management.
- Experience working in an Agile environment using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Proficient with SQL
- Good understanding of Dimensional Data Modelling using Star schemas.
- Good understanding of Data Lake architecture - Source (Persistent) Data Layer, Unified Data Layer and Business Access Layer
- Skilled in understanding the data requirements & solution designs.
- Highly effective planning, organisational and personal time management skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered including salary, Medical Insurance for employee and immediate family (dependents up to 18 years of age), Life insurance, long service leave after 5 years, generous Kiwisaver contribution based on tenure, access to counselling and support services, Family scholarships applications, BP Fuel Discounts and other retail discounts.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.