- Senior or Intermediate Project Manager
- Plant and Systems Design
- Strong leadership, excellent mentoring, wide array of projects
- Southland location but for other projects other locations will be considered.
Work in an NZ owned business, with its leadership team still actively involved in projects. One that is small enough to have retained that close-knit comradery but large enough to have the capability and market reputation to regularly secure blue-chip projects you want to work on.
An opportunity to define your career by working on complex and challenging blue-chip projects in the food manufacturing capital projects sector.
Work alongside and learn from highly experienced and seasoned peers as you continue to develop your Project Management and Engineering skills and knowledge.
While our recruitment process is focused on securing talented Project Managers for the South, we also welcome interest from talented Project Managers/Engineers located elsewhere in New Zealand who are interested in talking with our client about their projects elsewhere in New Zealand.
Our client is unrivaled in its' ability to formulate world-class solutions for some of the most demanding and innovative projects in New Zealand and the South Pacific. They are focused on delivering major capital projects and plant upgrades for leading players in the manufacturing and processing market including FMCG, dairy, meat and beverage manufacturers. They specialise in "brownfield" developments where new processes and equipment are successfully integrated into an existing facility.
Their work is typically broken into three phases:
- Project Development Working with Clients to drive capital projects through the early technical and financial evaluation phases followed by development of the procurement methodology and project team set-up.
- Project Management Selection, appointment and management of equipment suppliers and consultant teams with specialist expertise on multi-disciplinary projects. Specialist expertise in forming and implementing cross-functional improvement teams. Contract
- Preparation/Administration, Construction Management Set-up and management of project teams for the control of construction projects. Cost Optimization/Improvement Teams Implement projects to reduce raw materials costs, reduce waste, minimise labour costs and conversion costs. Risk Management, Health & Safety Assessment of project risks, development of control measures and contingency plans.
These roles have arisen due to continued growth by our client with a wide array of blue-chip projects lined up. Reporting to the Southern Regional Manager, your responsibilities can be summarised as follows:
- Act as Senior Project Manager for major capital projects.
- Responsible for applying best practice project management methodology across assigned projects commensurate with the risk, complexity and needs of the project to ensure that it is delivered safely in accordance with the agreed KPIs.
- Develop, plan and manage the delivery of programmes of work comprising multiple projects within the capital budget.
- Manage team of professionals (internal and external) to execute client projects with excellence, meeting the client’s time, costs and quality constraints.
- Support business development opportunities particularly regarding major capital projects.
Skills and Knowledge
You will bring a strong project engineering background, within a fast-paced engineering or food manufacturing environment. You’ll have a proven ability to cope with an ever changing and busy workload effectively, as well as having excellent prioritisation and decision-making skills. You’ll be reliable, approachable, and be able to identify, and provide solutions to the wider business to keep jobs moving forward. Your strong stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to assess risk and manage conflicting schedules/issues, will see you succeed in this key role.
Key skills include:
- Commercial Project Management or Project Lead experience in complex capital works projects.
- Project management qualification (PMP, Prince2) or currently studying.
- Technical qualifications in an electrical or mechanical or civil discipline.
- Technical engineering experience in the food sector or similar sectors with complex capital works projects.
- Demonstrated safety leadership whilst achieving results, ensuring that work is done in a constructive, supportive manner.
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Proven ability to set and gain commitment to targets and deadlines.
- Proven ability to negotiate with, manage and supervise external contractors and consultants.
- The ability to work with autonomy and responsibility; and to work effectively both at site and remotely from site
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 021 85 45 45.. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of our client.