- Become the BI specialist for this growing kiwi business
- Integration of two businesses data
- Develop and expand BI capability within the organisation
This is an exciting time for a BI Professional to be involved with reviewing and expanding the BI Capability with two prominent organisations merging.
Southfield Ltd is a kiwi business which has been in operation for just over 15 years, providing bulk fuel, lubricants, fuel cards and real time information tools to primary sector customers nationwide.
From the 1st of August, Southfuels and Farmlands Fuel have formed a joint venture company which launched officially yesterday. Our new business is called Fern Energy Ltd to be known simply as Fern. At the heart of Fern, is two successful kiwi companies coming together to build a better and more sustainable future for our People, Customers, and the Environment.
Fern is excited about this period of growth and the opportunities this will bring. Its journey from good to great continues to revolve around them becoming a market leading supplier of choice to their customers by striving to ensure customer’s needs are always met and becoming an employer of choice for their people.
You will be the BI Specialist within this growing business in this newly created role. It is an all-round Business Intelligence (BI) role where you will have influence on its direction and architecture, but you will be hands on particularly in the analysis, design, and development of BI analytical and reporting capability for the new entity.
You will be the link to the business for data between core systems and the BI environment. A core part of the role will be engaging with the business, providing PowerBI design expertise, gathering and translating business requirements into effective outputs to support their vision of empowering business performance through self-service insights and analytics.
Specific BI responsibilities include:
- Provide and manage support for BAU operations.
- Identify data sources and map data relationships.
- Liaising with business stakeholders to understand requirements on sourcing data, create ETL processes, developing reports and presenting insights to the business.
- Design and develop reports, business intelligence applications and BI solutions.
- Establish and implement user acceptance programmes.
- Proactive monitoring of all databases and related services.
Your scope will also include identifying areas for improvement in process or technology, as well as actions and opportunities, using data-driven recommendations, and effectively communicating this to the business.
Ideally you will have several the following skills and attributes:
- Proven all round experience in the Mircosoft BI stack.
- Strong Power BI suite of products.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Azure and Azure Data Factory.
- Understanding of data warehouse design and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL framework.
- Experience in providing L2/L3 support of current ETL and future processes.
- Experience with writing SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, and Indexes.
- Familiarity with BI technologies.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
Note: This role is exclusive to FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment.