Fulton Hogan, www.fultonhogan.com is one of New Zealand’s largest and most prominent companies. It is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia. They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
This newly created Data Governance Manager role leads and manages organisation-wide data governance related activities for the Fulton Hogan group. The overarching objectives of the position are to achieve suitable levels of data consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business requirements, while ensuring adequate protection of data. Effective Data Governance will help Fulton Hogan to:
- Maintain an up-to-date data inventory.
- Understand the value, sensitivity, and importance of its data.
- Know how and where its data is stored, protected, processed, and accessed.
- Manage the risks to which its data is exposed.
- Understand the potential impact of those risks on the operation of business and its people.
The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, through the development of strong understanding and working relationship. You will be responsible for improving the quality of and contributing to the protection of sensitive data and information assets. Accordingly, a strong initial focus of this role is on working alongside people in the business, understanding their challenges and deliverables, and helping them with the practical aspects of Data Governance.
Although this role is located within the Group IT team, it is intended that the Data Governance Manager will work with, learn from, and advise other areas of the business in respect of Data Governance and Data Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
You will be able to demonstrate your ability in several the following:
- High level of commercial acumen, you will be able to quickly build a broad awareness of the entire business in your interactions managers and envisage a clear cross-section between key strategic and operational aspects of data.
- Ability to gain and maintain trust, cooperation, and assistance from internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to show sound judgment on sensitive matters.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and work environment.
- Significant experience in working in a Data Governance and with Data, ideally within a large & complex environment/organisation.
- Knolwedge in implementing and communicating Data Management & Governance theory & practice.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, and business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge of data integration / exchange technologies and methodologies.
- Familiarity with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.