This is a great company with an excellent reputation for quality and on a strong growith trajectory. This company has for 25 years, combined clever engineering and the best of clients together to achieving even greater things. They have added efficiency, versatility and design talents to made the pordinary extraordinary.Situation:
Continued strong growth and uptake of a new range has meant that a whole new devision has been created - new office, new team and a new exciting direction. The team has a mix of engineering and architecture professionals, there to create a well-integrated solutions their clients just cannot get enough of.
Expansion means there is room for a new Steelwork detailer to join the crew.
We are looking for someone who wants to build a career in steel detailing and enjoy a friendly, amily-oriented and very well managed company.
If you are lucky enough to secure this role, you will work as part of the engineering design team, focusing on construction steelwork, handling the fabrication drawings, material quantities (BOQ) and depending on your skills, modelling. You will be working with an expanding team to play a part in an ever-changing world of smart construction. It's a wise career move.
Most of our day will be detailing, liaising with other design team members and the fabricators, but in any typical week, you will be interacting with engineers, clients, councils and architects to ensure an excellent job is delivered.
- Develop an understanding of the client needs and applications.
- Provide quality design and detailing fabrication drawings.
- Manage and refine CAD systems (Structural / Mechanical / 3D)
Over time and depending on where you are in your career journey, you will also get to:
- Liaise with client representatives, management and production.
- Handle building consent / compliance processes
- Liase with project manages and site teams.
You will have some understanding and practical exposure to structural steelwork. This company uses Tekla Structures extensively but if you have experience using AutoCAD / Soldworks/Revit or similar, we would be keen to see what you have done. We would like you to be able to be able to set up and deliver a fully detailed drawing set to NZ standards and communicate confidently.
We will be looking for:
- Steel design / detailing skills
- Tekla Structure talents (we may consider exceptional candidates with knowledge of similar packages)
- Typically 2+ years in a construction or consultancy design office
- Focused, dependable with an eye for detail.
Not quite you?
The market is strong and growing, so we would be keen to hear from candidates with similar, relevant technical skills considering transitioning into this sector. If you are able to work in New Zealand, have good Tekla / steelwork skills and want to investigate other openings, we would welcome your application.On Offer:
The rewards for the right person are many:
- join a company experiencing long term growth in a booming sector.
- become part of a friendly well-managed firm with exceptional "people" values.
- a modern well-resourced office with advanced CAD and technology.
- get to work in a great part of the country.
This role is based in Timaru, an exceptional South Canterbury city known for good schools, family lifestyle and quality, affordable housing. Many of our candidates have enjoyed the comprehensive city feature, proximity of skiing and watersport centres and the opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Sites are located throughout New Zealand and, on occasions, some short term travel (day trips mainly) may be involved.
To register your interest, please apply below, or, for a discreet chat about this position, please call Lachlan McNeill on 03 3656673 daytime and evenings until 8pm.
Tekla Structures, Midas, Risa-3D, RFEM, Canterbury, Fabricatrion, Designer, Engineering, Structural; Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Otago, Dunedin, South Island, Christchurch , Drafting, drafter, draftsman, draughter, CAD. permanent. ETABS, Prosteel, Tekla, Acad