- Senior position at the hub of a new Facade team.
- Exciting Facade Design & Diagnostics projects ready to go
- Innovative, proven and growing consultancy
- Considerable incentives for those with technical leadership potential
This firm has done well. Formed from a posse of talented Civil/Structural engineers, they have looked for sectors with portential for change and engaged to develope innovative solutions. This has brought growth and attracted more good people to the team. They have won accolades and awards for going beyond the norm and this perfectly sized consultancy now focusing on facade design. They have projects in, great connections, a team of very good structural engineers and CAD technicians to support this role, now it is time to find the right person to step into this opportunity.
As well as a very generous salary, following the pattern of previous technical leaders in this firm, there will be options in terms of shareholding / profit sharing / directorship.The Role:
In this position, it is a senior role to seed and then lead the technical design team in Auckland on projects around New Zealand.
The responsibilities of this position will essentially be
- Full Engineering design of façades (including structural, moisture and thermal)
- Review of existing building envelopes for compliance
- Consultancy advice
- Design and development of remedial solutions
- Working with other team members as part of multi-specialist and multi-disciplinary design projects.
- Managing work as it comes in.
- Mentoring other engineers and developing team capabilities.
- You will be a degree-qualified Engineer with at least 10 years post-graduate experience
- You will have at least 2 years experience with façade or similar building envelope design (if CPeng/CEng) or 5 years experience otherwise.
- You must have "consultancy level" professional report writing and communications skills
- We will happily consider candidates from within NZ or overseas with the right credentials
To secure a very special position as this, we need a combination of technical compentency, hands-on experience, the ability to communicate at many levels, and the ability to manage and develop a small consultancy team. The focus is not on "business development" as there is plenty of work around, but you will play a part in demonstrating trhe company's competence and capabilities in envelope diagostics and design. Occasionally there may be legal cases where you would be involved in providing evidence in cases of incorrect design or construction.
Why this Opportunity?
This firm is probably a "Goldilocks" size; small enough to offer flexibility, large enough to get interesting projects and be able to offer a significant and secure career path.
This firm is on solid foundations and has a current pipeline of work already in place. There is administrative, design/draughting and professional support for this position.
You will be well rewarded in this position - financially, with the quality of the people and with the notable benefits of growth.
For a discreet discussion, please call Lachlan McNeill +64 3 365 6673 or cell +64 211130175 for more insight.
NOTE: ACORVA is exclusively managing this role for our client.
BEng, BE, BSc, IPENZ, Chartered Engineer, Civil, BSc Building Science, Facade Consultant, Principle, Principal, Team Lead, Expert Witness, EngineeringNZ, Chartered, Designer, Dew Point E2/AS1, Weathertightness, BS6375, ASTM E1514, Therm, Point/Interface, U-Values, Condensation analysis, Fee proposals, Auckland, Newmarket, Parnell, Central Auckland, Engineering Consultants, Strand7, Mepla, STAAD, Strand, FEA,. Moisture, salary, pay, CE, PE, UK, immigration, resume.