- Leading edge R&D role in robotics / automation
- A small, highly talented team
- Hands on, innovative mindset sought
Never a dull day! Invert Robotics are a young and diverse organization with an open culture, willing to learn from anyone, including from their own mistakes. If you have ideas about how to improve processes and/or the product, they invite you to share them and will always listen and seriously consider. In this role you have the opportunity to create solutions to problems as they arise and be part of a global development team. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-tech and high-growth company in the early stages.
Invert Robotics designs and manufactures state-of-the-art NDT robotic inspection crawler platforms. Their robots are used by OEMS and production and inspection companies in the food production, chemical, pharmaceutical, aerospace and energy industries worldwide. Leveraging their patented technology, they also deliver remote robotic inspection services.
Invert Robotics started as a spin-off from the University of Canterbury’s School of Engineering. Here they developed the world’s first climbing robot which was capable of climbing on stainless steel. They achieved early success within the New Zealand dairy tank inspection market, and investment and recognition were quick to follow.
Strengthened by strong customer feedback and venture capital backing, Invert Robotics took its services to the world. They now provide their robotic technology for safe inspection services to hundreds of industrial sites, fulfilling thousands of tank inspections, from their offices in Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, France, New Zealand, Australia and the United States.
Working in a small, high calibre Mechanical R&D team, you will be responsible for the research, development and testing of new technology, and the integration of new technology with current and future products.
You will undertake a broad range of mechanical engineering tasks working closely with the firmware and electronics team. You will see developments of key technologies through the full cycle of scoping, development, field testing and implementation stages. The team prides itself on their innovation and creativity, often in a rapid prototyping approach, while still adhering to sound manufacturability and commercial principles.
Specific tasks and duties include:
- Mechanical design, including research, concept development, detailed design, and validation testing.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates their work to meet the project deadlines of project tasks.
- Prototype manufacturing, assembly, and testing.
- Creation of manufacturing documentation including BOMs.
- Supplier management.
- Independently troubleshoots/analyses component/system problems.
- Independently writes and performs component tests.
- Inspection services
- For field testing.
- For better understanding our products.
- When short-term capacity shortages in the services team.
To succeed in this role, you will have a proven track record of delivering reliable designs. You will have a number of the following attributes:
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in relevant engineering field.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Similar (Mechanical or Mechatronics)
- A solid understanding of manufacturing processes and the DFM knowledge this creates.
- Experience with embedded systems an advantage.
- Practical mechanical knowledge, basic workshop machining and assembly skills.
- Experience in successfully developing high quality mechanical products.
- A team player.
- Good communication skills, especially in a technical environment.
- A 'can-do' attitude and an optimistic outlook on life, common sense and a sense of humor are essential.
- Ability to develop a holistic understanding of a product and its application.
- An innovative mindset, ability to develop unique solutions to complex solve problems.
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: This role is exclusive to FOSTERRA Consulting Group