This award-winning engineering consultancy is bold, innovative and the team just love solving those curly problems in todays land development / property and infrastructure sectors. After eight years of exceptional growth, they now have four offices nationwide and an enviable portfolio of edgy projects to their credit. Well done.
Times are good and the future is looking very exciting.
So now is the time to take stock and set the company up for more long-term success.
We need a special person to join the firm and make this happen, the setting up for success I mean:
- Get involved
- Gain the understanding
- Look to the future
- Identify the opportunities for improvement
- Analyse the options
- Help to implement the solutions
- Manage and improve.
Practice coordinator today...tomorrow...Business Unit Manager, Practice Manager?
Ok, let's back up a bit.
This very exciting role will be based in their Christchurch headquarters and will work across all of the company's offices. Essentially the scope of the work is to improve the company's systems and processes. Most of this will be non-engineering but obviously there will be some engagement with the engineering systems.
You will start just assisting the admin team with the day-to-day operation of the company - turning timesheets into invoices, making sure all checks are carried out, following up correspondence, processing RFIs, consents, paying bills, engaging suppliers. Once settled in you will be liaising more internally across the four offices and externally with clients, suppliers and other consultants. This is where you gain your understanding of the processes and challenges. From there you will start to look at the company in a more analytical and strategic way - identifying potential to reduce risk, errors and steps, then look at the future - how that might look and what the company may be able to do to be ahead of the curve. Then, you will start the process of selecting and implementing these systems.
Ultimately, the goal is to have all things in place to facilitate ongoing success and continue the growth trajectory.
In summary, the goal of this role is to
- Streamline administration and financial systems
- Optimise inter-office communications
- Evaluate and implement software and process changes
- Hone the marketing
- Integrate the project coordination and design systems
....and a host of other enhancements and improvements.
To do this it has to be a team effort:
- you bring your talents and credentials (see below)
- the team work with you and
- the company support your professional development with supported mentoring and external training.
Interested? .. Read on.Requirements:
Overall, in this person, we are looking for wisdom, energy, communications and a real sense of ownership.
On a more detailed level, we will need someone who can or has evidence of being able to:
- Provide administration assistance
- Pick up the phone to talk to the many and diverse people the company deals with: consultants, suppliers, IT, marketing people, councils, graphic designers, clients, builders etc.
- Use systems to manage project flow, like WorkflowMax or Aconex.
- Handle critical systems like managing drawing file updates, phone systems, backups etc.
- Take a strategic view
- Have a passion for good business
- Take charge on initiatives when required
- Be a person of action
- A relevant degree in commerce, business or similar.
- Some exposure to business operations
- Good experience with IT / technology
- Exceptional written and spoken confidence in English
We will also be looking for very good references, evidence of commitment to a long-term position in Christchurch and a good academic record.Why this role?
Without overstating things, this is an exceptional opportunity, probably the sort of role any aspiring business manager would have at the top of their list.
- It is a great company - smart, progressive and kind
- The sector is growing strongly
- This company is ready to invest in the right person - Masters / MBA? it's on the list.
- For the right person, it has a career path to Practice Manager.
So, if you think you have the passion and credentials, put a cv and a good cover letter together and apply below.
To find out more, apply below or call Lachlan McNeill on 021 1130175 for a discreet chat.
Administrator, graduate, junior, co-ordinator, partner, Canterbury, consultancy, Management, Director, IOD, Entrepreneur, Biz, MBA, Master of Business Administration, PGDip, Commercial, development, graduate, Acorva.