Fulton Hogan, www.fultonhogan.com is one of New Zealand’s largest and most prominent companies. It is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia. They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
Testing is an accepted and engaged concept within the Fulton Hogan IT environment. An Inhouse Centre of Excellence for Testing was established two years ago, which utilises a mix of internal and external resource as required. A Group Test Manager was appointed, and a small, growing inhouse Test team established. This role has emerged due to its growing workload.
The Test team get involved in new and existing products/projects from the outset to provide input into the design and development stages of the project ahead of the test phase. Examples of current Test projects include:
Fulton Hogan’s digital program has is responsible for a diverse range of both iOS and web apps designed internally to support the business in their day-to-day roles. These include Fulton Hogan’s own timesheet app as well as Daily Job Reporting (DJR) tools and incident reporting applications (CAMS/MyVoice). Testing activities will include identifying and investigating bugs and issues, writing and executing test cases for both maintenance and new feature releases for both the front end applications and the integrations with Salesforce
Fulton Hogan is currently developing an Internet of Things (iOT) solution to provide solutions to a wide range of business user cases, including monitoring of dust levels at Fulton Hogan’s quarries. The Test team is involved in creating test plans and testing a variety of hardware solutions, as well as validating the back-end platforms and customer dashboards.
Fulton Hogan’s new helpdesk virtual assistant is being developed to provide an online solution to common questions asked by the business such as “How do I reset my password?”. The Test Team will be involved in the design and implementation of the Chatbot solution including carrying out functional and user experience testing.
We are on a look out for an energetic individual to work on both new and existing products. You will need have several the following:
- Experience with software testing or other aspects of software development e.g. programming
- Exposure and experience across various forms of testing, i.e. integration testing, functional testing, negative testing, regression testing, deployment testing, cross-browser testing, performance / load testing etc.
- QA testing of applications, databases, web services and web applications
- A quality mindset – capable of thinking outside of the box, going beyond just the basic requirements.
- Ability to design and manage test deliverables.
- Comfortable generating and maintaining test cases, scripts, plans and test data.
- A strong communicator who can work closely with the Test team, Business Analysts and Vendors/Developers on several different projects.
- Responsible for compiling and assessing test results.
- Able to get quickly up-to-speed with complex solutions.
- Exposure to tools like Jira
- Exposure to test automation using Smartbear
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.