If you are an experienced Architectural Designer looking for a role which is much more than staring at a rack of monitors all day, this position has the action, the full-spectrum involvement and the opportunities that could light up your future.Situation:
This firm offers a very integrated solution to their clients for industrial and commercial buildings and, through smart construction, technology and people, have experienced very strong growth over the last few years.
As the focus of projects becomes more and more "architectural" they are looking to build their design team with a senior Architectural Designer to bring more design focus and optimise the show.The Role:
This is a Designer role which is a little different - it's at the hub of the design process - liaising with the client, the engineering team, construction etc. to ensure structure are effective, efficient, functional and attractive.
- Develop concepts
- Create presentation 3D renders and drawings
- Develop the design alongside the client and the rest of the team
- Lead and manage the consent process / submissions
- Play a key role in the ongoing design / construction process optimisation.
So, this is a role with plenty of engagement with not just the architectural design, but with the whole construction process. We thought you'd like that.
It is this engineering + construction + architecture mix which is guaranteed to keep things interesting and rewarding.
On top of all this, it's important to remember that this firm is expanding, and the lucky person will almost certainly experience opportunities for professional growth in terms of design, scope and involvement in an industry winner.You:
You will need to be on the career path to be a Architectural Technician / Technologist.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Solid understanding of commercial architecture
- A confident communicator - happy to lead meetings and jump on the Zoom to clients.
- Confident with CAD (ArchiCAD/Revit) and able to wrangle other CAD formats (engineering/fabrication)
- Tertiary qualification in construction, architecture or similar.
- A team player - collaborative, communicative and constructive,
We will look for great construction design skills, good CAD skills and team players, looking to build a great career.On Offer:
The rewards for the right person are many:
- This little corner of construction is growing rapidly, offering exceptional opportunities
- join a friendly well-managed firm with exceptional "people" values.
- modern well-resourced workplace with advanced CAD and technology.
- work in a great part of the country.
This role is based in Timaru, an exceptional South Canterbury city known for good schools, family lifestyle and quality, affordable housing. Many of our candidates have enjoyed the comprehensive city feature, proximity of skiing and watersport centres and the opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Sites are located throughout New Zealand and, on occasions, some short term travel (day trips mainly) may be involved.
To register your interest, please apply below, or, for a discreet chat about this position, please call Lachlan McNeill on 03 3656673 daytime and evenings until 8pm.
ArchiCAD CAD, architecture, architectural, retail, commerce, 3D, visualisation, farm, agricultural, Geraldine, Temuka, Ashburton, Otago, Dunedin, South Island, Christchurch , Drafting, drafter, draftsman, draughter, CAD. freelance, contractor, PIM, Revit,