Making things smarter. That's about it - combining clever engineering with technology smarts and listening intently to the client. This quite amazing firm exists below the radar and yet has experience incredible growth.
With growth comes opportunity.
Architectural Designer, but a little different.
This is a multi-faceted firm - an integrated designer and creator of next generation commercial buildings.
- Develop concepts in Archicad, Sketchup
- Create presentation 3D renders and drawings
- Develop the full design alongside the client and the rest of the architectural team
- Lead and manage the consent process / submissions
- Play a key role in the ongoing design / construction process optimisation.
So, this is a role with plenty of engagement with not just the architectural design, but with the whole construction process. We thought you'd like that.
It is this engineering + construction + architecture mix which is guaranteed to keep things interesting and rewarding.
Whereas in an architectural practice you are one of the bunch, in a company like this it's a different game. More responsibility, greater scope, more professional growth, more engagement.You:
You will need to have a portfolio of completed and relevant design work.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Solid understanding of commercial architecture
- A confident communicator - happy to lead meetings and jump on the Zoom to clients.
- Confident with CAD (ArchiCAD/Revit) and able to wrangle other CAD formats (engineering/fabrication)
- Tertiary qualification in construction, architecture or similar.
- A team player - collaborative, communicative and constructive,
We will look for great construction design skills, good CAD skills and team players, looking to build a great career.On Offer:
The rewards for the right person are many:
- This little corner of construction is growing rapidly, offering exceptional opportunities
- join a friendly well-managed firm with exceptional "people" values.
- modern well-resourced workplace with advanced CAD and technology.
- work in a great part of the country.
This role is based in Timaru, an exceptional South Canterbury city known for good schools, family lifestyle and quality, affordable housing. Many of our candidates have enjoyed the comprehensive city feature, proximity of skiing and watersport centres and the opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Sites are located throughout New Zealand and, on occasions, some short term travel (day trips mainly) may be involved.
To register your interest, please apply below, or, for a discreet chat about this position, please call Lachlan McNeill on 03 3656673 daytime and evenings until 8pm.
ArchiCAD CAD, architecture, architectural, retail, commerce, 3D, visualisation, farm, agricultural, Geraldine, Temuka, Ashburton, Otago, Dunedin, South Island, Christchurch , Drafting, drafter, draftsman, draughter, CAD. freelance, contractor, PIM, Revit,