Business Analysis has always been a key part of the Digital team but until recently has been provided by consultants as needed on a project basis. The new directive is to develop this expertise in house to retain the intellectual capital, allowing better understanding of the business and to ensure consistent delivery and quality of recommended solutions.
The role incorporates three key components:
- As a people leader you are responsible for the management and development of a small team of Business Analysts, ensuring they are applying good practice.
- As a Subject Matter Expert on Business Analysis practices in the organisation, you will ensure these practices are constantly evolving to meet the needs of the organization.
- As the senior most Business Analsyt and SME, you will undertake Business Analysis work on projects, typically those of greatest complexity.
Lyttelton Port Company (LPC) has a strong desire for business systems and associated business information to support its continued growth. It is an organisation that understands, appreciates, and demands accurate information to inform and execute strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will act as a pivotal link and lead between the Business teams and IT, ensuring that business requirements are understood and articulated for correct solution implementation. You are responsible to assess business teams’ requirements for completeness, provide the IT knowledge and direction to qualify their initiatives.
You will engage with business stakeholders to understand their systems and user needs, drill into the details to analyse complex processes and translate them into business and functional requirements. You will be responsible for documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives, systems configuration, testing, implementation, continuous improvement, and ongoing support.
You will ensure IT systems effectively deliver results for the business.
Skills & Knowledge
We are looking for a person who is energetic, analytical and shows initiative in implementing business improvements via IT. A logical person who can tailor approaches to suit each Business teams needs and manage relationships with Stakeholders. Someone who is confident to get out in the business, can listen to others, identify ways to assist them and gain their support to implement changes. Importantly be business savvy and understand how potential requirements or initiatives align with different Business teams KPI’s and objectives.
To be successful in this role you will need to have several of the following skills and attributes:
- Significant experience in business analysis and requirements gathering across a variety of IT platforms, with the demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders and peers to gather requirements, conduct analysis, produce solution designs, conduct training and prioritise delivery, in accordance with agreed service delivery expectations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to conceptualise, establish and implement new initiatives and innovative solutions within a specified framework.
- Ability to present IT related ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand a new business environment.
- Ability to identify and interpret complex problems, find opportunities within the problems and deliver tangible outcomes.
Lyttelton Port Company (LPC) is the largest Port in the South Island of New Zealand and is the international gateway for goods coming in and out of the region, facilitating the movement of $5.6 billion of exports and $4.8 billion of imports last financial year.
With a focus firmly on the future, these are exciting times for LPC as they navigate a significant transformation and evolution of the organisation, with a refreshed strategy focused on culture, innovation, optimisation, and business growth. LPC are committed to making sure they develop a profitable Port to ensure that it can handle the projected growth in volumes and is sustainable in the long-term, while delivering value to both our shareholder and the people of our region. This requires LPC to operate safely, efficiently and sustainably.
Please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Lyttelton Port Company