A real winner of a firm, leading the way in bringing tomorrows smarts to commercial / industrial constructionm - the lifeblood of the country. Wise management, great systems and a hugely popular way fo working has brougt much love to them from clients all around this woonderful little country we live in.
This company is a very friendly, dynamic family-oriented and supportive crew you will be pleased to be a part of.
It just could be your lucky day. If you are looking for a role which might use your energy, ArchiCAD Skills, design talents and architectural ambition and give you a rewarding career in a company which is definitely going places, then read ahead.Situation:
This firm offers a very integrated solution to their clients for industrial and commercial buildings and, through smart construction, technology and people, have experienced very strong growth over the last few years.
This role is with a small architectural team handling design, documentation and compliance for the growing number of projects requiring a combination of smart thinking and some flair.
The company is now looking for the next team member to help with the ArchiCAD based office.The Role:
This role is at the hub of the company's small, but perfectly formed architectural team. This person will liaise closely with the engineering and architectural team to fully document projects.
In your inbox will be concepts, engineering drawings, queries from council and occasionally clients, You will be involved with helping the design and delivering compliant drawings with the requisite architectural, landscape, signage details to complete the picture.
It's important, vital to remember that this firm is expanding, and getting in on this rung of the ladder will almost certainly experience opportunities for professional growth in terms of design, scope and involvement in an industry winner.
Working alongside a Senior Architectural Designer, you will:
- Assist in the design and detailing of buildings (external and internal)
- Conduct site visits, review sute surveys, compile site data.
- Produce fully detailed ArchiCAD Drawings for the engineering team and building consent submission
- Research and liaise with other parties to complete drawings and consent applications
- Assist with RFI (Requests for Information) - checking, liaising, amending, responding.
You will need to be on the career path to be a Architectural Technician / Technologist.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Happy to jump on the phone to council etc.
- Confident with ArchiCAD and able to wrangle other CAD formats
- Tertiary qualification in construction, architecture or similar.
- A team player - collaborative, communicative and constructive,
This is a rare opening for someone most likely at the earlier stages of their architectural career. We will look for energy, natural organisation, good CAD skills and team playability, "not ten years experience".
Not quite you?
The market is strong and growing, so we would be keen to hear from candidates with similar, relevant technical skills considering transitioning into this sector. If you are able to work in New Zealand, have good ArchiCAD and want to investigate other openings, we would welcome your application.
The rewards for the right person are many:
- This little corner of construction is growing rapidly, offering exceptional opportunities
- join a friendly well-managed firm with exceptional "people" values.
- modern well-resourced workplace with advanced CAD and technology.
- work in a great part of the country.
This role is based in Timaru, an exceptional South Canterbury city known for good schools, family lifestyle and quality, affordable housing. Many of our candidates have enjoyed the comprehensive city feature, proximity of skiing and watersport centres and the opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Sites are located throughout New Zealand and, on occasions, some short term travel (day trips mainly) may be involved.
To register your interest, please apply below, or, for a discreet chat about this position, please call Lachlan McNeill on 03 3656673 daytime and evenings until 8pm.
ArchiCAD CAD, architecture, architectural, retail, commerce, 3D, visualisation, farm, agricultural, Geraldine, Temuka, Ashburton, Otago, Dunedin, South Island, Christchurch , Drafting, drafter, draftsman, draughter, CAD. freelance, contractor, PIM,