Lyttelton Port Company (LPC) is the largest Port in the South Island of New Zealand and is the international gateway for goods coming in and out of the region, facilitating the movement of $5.6 billion of exports and $4.8 billion of imports last financial year. With a focus firmly on the future, these are exciting times for LPC as they navigate a significant transformation and evolution of the organisation, with a refreshed strategy focused on culture, innovation, optimisation, and business growth. With a passion to play a key role in the global transport network, LPC is firmly committed to a future with people at its core.
This is a newly created permanent role has arisen due to the number of planned future project initiatives. Previously this function has been filled by contract resource. It is focused on managing a wide range of IT infrastructure related projects within the Head Office and throughout the Ports (Sea and Inland). This may extend to involve Plant and asset Technology including connectivity, GPS, PLC and automation projects.
- Lead and manage the delivery of projects under the Infrastructure Technology projects
- Work closely with business and functions to ensure relevant immediate and future needs are built into the programme deliverables
- Work closely with internal teams and external partners to engineer and/or optimize solutions through the implementation of technology and business initiatives
- Design project implementation and resource plans, execute and manage project deliverables and costs
- As necessary, deep dive and take a hands-on approach in specific areas of the project in order to move the project forward overcoming any organizational, people and process issues.
- Initiate and drive project and technology governance processes, as well as additional internal compliance and due diligence activities.
- Oversee implementation changes and end to end execution
- Engagement and buy-in of all key stakeholders throughout the project to ensure they are aware of the impact of the change and of what the project expects from them and their teams to make a project successful
The person we are looking for will originally have had a strong technical background but importantly will be business savvy. You will be comfortable working with a wide variety of people. Ideally you will have proven experience in project management with exposure to relevant industry methodologies. Importantly you can make the right decisions at the right time.
We are happy to consider established Business/IT Project Managers or experienced IT Professionals who have the Project Management skills but are waiting for the opportunity to do it in a full-time capacity.
Key skills include:
- Solid experience managing IT Infrastructure Delivery Programme/ Projects.
- Ability to navigate in a complex environment with limited guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to influence for the right decision across a range of stakeholders and Influencers.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Utilise project management practices to aid delivery in an Agile and cross-functional delivery environment.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and structured, process-driven thinker with interest in infrastructure management.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good risk and control awareness, proven experience in proactively strengthening controls and identifying potential gaps.
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Lyttelton Port Company