- Newly created role
- Manage and Implement the A-Z of all things technical within Ecommerce
Swanndri has an unrivalled position in the outdoors lifestyle clothing market with a foundation built on its 107-year authentic heritage, being one of New Zealand’s most recognised brands and achieving significant growth over the last several years.
Based in Christchurch, Swanndri is sold in more than 1,000 stores across the full spectrum of market channels including its own retail stores, e-commerce, export and domestic wholesale. Swanndri has the advantage of being a well segmented product range which allows the brand to be merchandised through recreational outdoors, urban lifestyle, department and farm supply stores providing balance and scope for continued growth. Swanndri is also the owner Line 7 and is the Australasian distributor for Muckboots.
Swanndri’s online presence continues to grow and expand its reach into the market, especially since Covid has actively altered consumer buying habits to be more online. This role provides a rare opportunity to be hands on in expanding the Ecommerce platform for one of New Zealand’s most high profile and successful clothing brands.
The marketing aspect for Swanndri’s Ecommerce presence is well delivered, as is the development and maintenance of the websites via its third-party partner. Swanndri is looking to strengthen its Ecommerce delivery capability by having a more IT savvy Ecommerce expert provide the interface between marketing and the tech developers. Helping drive the digital strategy, direction, and technical implementation for these online brands.
You will be responsible for taking complete technical ownership in navigating, managing, and delivering results for continuous website improvement, eCommerce initiatives and the wider digital ecosystem.
You will manage the day-to-day operations of the Swanndri, Line 7 and Muckboot websites, ensuring the functionality is optimised to deliver the highest levels of expected user experience. You will be the primary point of contact with key vendors and manage the site’s so the technical SEO is optimised. During the course of 2021 the Line 7 website will be transformed to a full ecommerce site and you will be the project lead of this exciting development.
We need you to already understand e-commerce well and importantly what needs to be in place commercially and technically to make it work. You will have strong technical skills coupled with a marketing approach and the ability to think from an end users perspective. We need you to be a person who can build and maintain excellent relationships with numerous internal and external parties.
Technically you will have several the following:
- 3-5+ years’ experience managing and developing eCommerce websites
- Solid experience working with e-commerce and digital marketing platforms
- Swanndri operates on the Magento platform, so having experience working with Magento would be a significant advantage,
- Driving acquisition / conversion campaigns across SEO/SEM, Mobile, Display, Social, Affiliates, Content Strategy.
- Web analytics, user experience and conversion optimisation.
- Excellent understanding of how Google and other search engines rank pages.
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS and web standards.
- Proficient user of Google Analytics and other major third-party analytics platforms.
- Excellent working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Instagram
- You will have a real test and learn attitude and won’t shy from a challenge.
- Be an independent self-starter with initiative and ability to effectively prioritize and multitask in an ever-changing start-up environment
We are open minded whether you come from an Online Marketing or Online Technical background. Ideally you will have a combination of both. We are interested in the quality of your experience and expertise in the Digital space rather than the number of years.
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Swanndri.