If you have dreamed of the rewards of having your own show one day, but want to ensure the best chance of success, take a serious look at this.
My client is a firm which has been punching well above its weight for many years on both sides of the Tasman.
The focus is on corporate / commercial interiors needing more than just a twist and the remainder is a great mix of retail, community, educational and health - plenty of challenge and opportunity. The new post-Covid era has heralded a new way of work and this firm has the background, systems, connections and reputation to meet tomorrow's needs head on.Designer > Principal > Director >...?
This role has two responsibilities
- Provide quality designs to selected clients
- To manage and grow the company
Let's be clear, to take up this very rewarding opportunity, you will need to have:
- Design talent
- Experience in the industry
- Leadership capabilities.
The plan is that you will come in effectively as a senior designer / architect, then master the other responsibilities in a structured, sensible and effective manner:
- Get introduced to the projects / clients
- Gain insight in running a successful practice
- Have support with ongoing proposals / projects
This avoids the common pitfalls of "reinventing the wheel" to you to focus on proven good clients, the better projects and have much of the "other stuff" dealt with as you grow into the role. The professional networks are there, the CAD system all works (this practice was a front runner with Revit) and the team is in place.You:
You will be:
- a qualified and experienced Senior Architect or Spatial / Interiors Designer
- able to take a brief for medium to large commercial projects,
- keen and able to lead a team, gain work and deliver to a high level
Let's not also ignore the elephant in the room. You will ultimately need to be able to play a major role in bringing work through the door; although you may not be a "rainmaker" now, you will definitely need to be willing and able to take the journey. To show promise in this area, it is a huge benefit to be able to demonstrate examples of :
- Connecting with propective clients
- Having trusted relationships with relevant decision makers
- Developing and presenting effective design proposals
- Managing ongoing accounts
Before you start overthinking, sometimes you just need to start the conversation. You can kick things off by applying below to register your interest or, for a discreet chat, call Lachlan McNeill on 021 1130175.
Spatial, Corporate, NZARB, Interior Design, workplace, offices, Lead, Design, NZ, Australian, HQ, NZIA, Registered, B.Arch, Architecture, industrial, Revit, AutoCad, ArchiCAD, CAD, Wellington, Porirua, Wgn, Hutt, Kapiti, Owner, salary, salaries,