SCOTT® Technology, www.scottautomation.com is a leading provider of automation & robotic solutions globally that improve productivity, reliability, yield, and safety for manufacturers and processors in industries including meat, food, mining, appliances, and general manufacturing. It is listed on the NZX and has over 400 employees worldwide and operations in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Europe, China, and South America, with manufacturing facilities in 4 countries. Its parent company JBS, is the world’s largest protein company and world’s second largest food company.
SCOTT holds over 30 patents and invests heavily in research and development of new innovation technologies and products. Our services include technical expertise in world-leading hardware, programming, systems integration, installation, consulting, fault-finding and 24-hour support. Their network comprises a highly specialised team of dedicated personnel serving industrial companies with expertise in a wide range of leading automation and robotics products. Integral to Scott's overall long-term growth strategy is the incorporation of a broad range of innovative new solutions and services.
Backed by a dedicated team and strong supplier channels their solutions and services continue to be the forefront of world class robotic and automation offerings.
Reporting to the Site / Operations Manager and a member of the Site Leadership team, you are responsible for the design and development of automation & robotic solutions/products by leading and coaching a team of dedicated engineers to develop their skills, while improving development outcomes leading to successful project completion and handover to clients. This includes collaborating with the Sales team to design and develop effective customer solutions.
You will manage all design engineering resources to maximise output and achieve project objectives with technical excellence. The Engineering team consists of 4 disciplines – Mechanical Design, Controls, Electrical and Visualisation.
- Lead a team that drives the design of the products to deliver the service experience that our customers require
- Providing strategic, innovative, and technical direction to solve project deliverables and opportunities.
- Design and develop solutions resulting in efficient, modular designs and resultant high-quality product.
- Ensure that the technology platforms incorporated are delivered and maintained according to project requirements and technical strategy.
- Set technical standards and methods, and build consensus for their adoption and implementation
- Foster collaboration, knowledge sharing, best practices and mentoring within the team.
- Ensure the project’s systems are developed within the agreed budget and time-frame, fulfilling all product, design and system standards.
- Planning and allocating of resources, identifying potential risks and mitigation of issues.
- Working closely with Project Managers and the Sales team
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The personal fit is very important for this role. You need to have a real passion about innovation, fit-for-purpose design, continual improvement and achieving business success. We need you to be a person of confidence as a leader and have the technical nous to positively challenge and influence your team. Unafraid to ask questions about design work.
Key skills and experience you will bring include:
- A degree or considerable experience in a controls, mechanical design or similar engineering discipline or trade
- A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different engineering disciplines
- Strong understanding of working with quality management systems and familiar with taking products to full regulatory approval
- Strong understanding of Design for Manufacture and lean manufacturing principles
- People management experience in a technical environment
- Have a keen eye for detail and executing tasks in a systematic logical manner.
- Considerable experience in engineering, including extensive on-site deployment knowledge
- The ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Identification and assessment of customer needs and specifications on-site and translation into workable solutions and scope requirements
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Scott Technology Limited