- Newly Created Senior Leadership Role
- Group role – Oversee multiple Manufacturing Site Operations
- Award Winning, Export Driven Engineering Manufacturer
- South Island location
Within their industry sector, our client is recognised as being a world leader in innovation and delivery of innovative high-technology equipment and solutions. Their products are regularly rated amongst the best in their field. Their products are made from a range of construction materials, from mild or galvanised steel, through to stainless steel. State-of-the-art three-dimensional CAD software design technology is employed in all aspects from product layouts and proposals to complex moulding and turning processes.
One of the key reasons for this company's success has been its focus on staff and developing a supporting culture within the business. This has been achieved through strong leadership, clear company direction which is well articulated to staff and exciting products
As part of the New Zealand senior management team, you will provide strong leadership and direction for all operational activities. You will be responsible for the overall performance of New Zealand Operations (multiple manufacturing sites) to achieve the objectives defined within the budget and business plan.
You will work closely with the off-shore operations; oversee the NZ manufacturing facilities, production, customers (through the sales and project manager functions) and outside vendors and distributors. Areas within your responsibility include Production, Engineering and R&D, Supply Chain and Operations Improvement.
Your focus is to deliver an efficient, innovative operational business to meeting key metrics on production, cost, quality and safety and people performance. In addition, of course to wider innovation, business and process improvement reviews, reliability, and asset optimisation.
A key aspect of the role will require you to motivate, direct and measure the performance of the manufacturing operations, expense budgets, production schedules and quality & safety standards. The role will oversee the entire New Zealand Manufacturing Operations whilst ensuring a consistently high level of customer service. From a manufacturing perspective this role will lead the production teams according to Good Manufacturing Practices in accordance with quality system procedures.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
You will possess:
- Strong experience in production and manufacturing environments, ideally with sound knowledge of engineering/ metal manufacturing.
- Strong operations background in production environment with analytical mind-set to identify trends inside and outside of the business.
- a proven record of success and operational excellence in such an environment.
- Strong process orientation with the demonstrated record of accomplishment of formulating and implementing best practices.
- Leadership and mentoring qualities that will you to develop leaders within the business.
- Proven financial management expertise and experience.
- Compliance and risk management experience.
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process.