We need a versatile and capable Electrical Design Technican or Draughter able to climb on board and take ownership of some exciting projects in New Zealand and overseas.
Working alonside Engineers and Project Managers in their modern CBD offices you will use your knowledge of electrical power and general draughting to deliver full project drawings. Once the flights open up, this may occasionally require travel around the Pacific Islands. - Yes, you read right!
- Superb high-growth sector - an excellent future
- Renewable Energy - doing your bit to help the environment
- Modern CBD location - mix with other people
- Occasional travel to the Pacific Islands (post-Covid-19)
- Work flexibility
A great team - yes an excellent team to work with - award-winning and supportive - a place where you will definitely find opportunity.The Role:
This role is based in the company's modern Wellington offices and is reponsible for working in the team to produce:
- Single Line Diagrams / Schematic layouts
- Site layouts
- Fabrication drawings
- Tender proposals
- Minor construction details
This would be suited to anyone with a broad experience of engineering but definitel a good depth of electrical power knowledege. The drawings produced would include the power network, switchroom layouts plus the associated site plans, architectural drawings for buildings and mechanical details for steelwork and building services and even a bit of civil/structural etc.
What is important for this role is
- Good, current electrical design detailig experience
- good personal organisation
- an eye for detail
- a record of learning new skills
- the ability to communicate confidently across cultures
- Ability to travel internationally for up to max two weeks on occasions.
We are looking for:
- Typically 4+ years AutoCAD experience.
- A portfolio of fully detailed drawings in electrical power, plus a mix of mechanical, architectural or similar fields.
- Proven experience working in an English-speaking workplace.
- Confidence in communication
NOTE: You must be able to provide evidence of permission to work currently in New Zealand No sponsorship is available. Unfortunately, because of the constraints of Covid-19, we will not be able to consider overseas candidates fro this role.
This would be the perfect role for a versatile self-managing Technician with broad skills and wanting a stimulating job which fits in with a family, lifestyle and/or business.
What to do?
Apply below with
a) current cv confirming your experience.
b) cover letter outlining your location, situation and confirming your citizenship / work visa status.
We will review this and, if you meet the above criteria, request a portfolio of relevant drawings to start the process.
NZCE, ND, NZCD, Architectural, Technician, Technologist, drafter, drafting, CAD, ACAD, Solidworks, Revit, Solidedge, CREO, draughting, flexible, 2D, ArchiCAD, Civil, Fastcad, structural, Electrical, power, network, earthing, PowerCAD, ArcGIS, ESRI, ETAP, Electra P8, Electra E8, SLD, Schematics, Distribution, Network, Generation, Transmission, Pschematic, Electricity, drafter, drafting, drafter, technician, technologist, engineer, engineering.