- Technical Lead role
- Engineering design and structural analysis
- Provide consultancy guidance and oversee documentation/tenders
With three close-knit office locations throughout New Zealand, this innovative civil/structural consultancy is continuing to delight clients and enjoy solid growth across all areas. As they expand their team, a key component of this next phase is the development of the façade design capability in their Auckland office. This particular role will head this capability in the design and analysis of new build and existing building façades throughout New Zealand.
These are exciting times and we would like you to be a part of it.The Role:
Essentially the Façade Engineer will provide full inspection, analysis and solution design with design and tender documentation being developed in collaboration with the design team.
This role will include (but not limited to):
- Engineering design of façades
- Design for thermal loss compliance
- Condensation / dew point design
- Inspection of existing building envelopes for structural integrity, thermal heat loss & condensation compliance
- Consultancy advice and development of remedial solutions
- Manage the production of documentation by the design team
- Review contractor documentation
- Fee proposal and tender documentation preparation and management
- Client side project management of new construction and remediation.
- Working with other team members as part of multi-specialist and multi-disciplinary design projects.
- You will be able to qualify as a producer statement author for Building Code Clause E2 (typically a Chartered Engineer CPeng/CEng)
- You will have at least 2 years experience with façade or similar building envelope design
- You must have "consultancy level" professional report writing and communications skills
- We will happily consider candidates from within NZ or overseas with the right credentials
Real professional growth opportunity for talented engineers typically look like this:
- a high growth company passes the startup phase and goes on to build a strong reputation and team
- they look to bring their magic to a complementary niche
- they need a technically capable engineer to provide the core design
- the successful applicant rises within the firm to secure a prime spot in the company's future
The plan is to set up a team with a Senior Façade Engineer who will lead the design. The company already has a pipeline of work and will provide administrative, design/draughting and professional support throughout. As growth continues on the current projectile, your team will expand and with this will come opportunity to experience leadership and autonomy seldom realised in larger firms.
You will be well rewarded in this position - financially, with the quality of the people and with the notable benefits of growth.
For a discreet discussion, please call Lachlan McNeill +64 3 365 6673 or cell +64 211130175 for more insight.
NOTE: ACORVA is exclusively managing this role for our client.
BEng, BE, BSc, IPENZ, Chartered Engineer, Civil, BSc Building Science, Facade Consultant, Principle, Principal, Team Lead, Expert Witness, EngineeringNZ, Chartered, Designer, Dew Point E2/AS1, Weathertightness, BS6375, ASTM E1514, Therm, Point/Interface, U-Values, Condensation analysis, Fee proposals, Auckland, Newmarket, Parnell, Central Auckland, Engineering Consultants, Strand7, Mepla, STAAD,