- Greenfields Opportunity
- Significant Investment already provided
- Food Processing Manufacturing Site
- Central North Island Location
This is a rare opportunity for a person to join a food manufacturing company in its formative stages, in a senior leadership role where you will have significant influence in the setup, establishment and ongoing running of the company and the manufacturing environment.
You will be joining the company at the exciting, entrepreneurial stage and in a key leadership role. As such you need to have the confidence to back your experience and knowledge to make correct decisions in a timely manner.
Our client is a newly created New Zealand based company, which is 100% owned by a publicly listed Chinese Pet Products and Food manufacturer. Continuing its focus to secure quality New Zealand Pet Food for the Chinese market, the parent company has also acquired majority ownership of another, complimentary Pet Treats Company in the North Island.
This is to be a New Zealand based and fronted company offering premium New Zealand branded Pet food. Export focused, 100% of its products are destined to go to the growing Chinese Pet Food market, with distribution and sales handled by the parent company.
Significant investment has been committed to establishing a state of the art, highly automated production facility, which is already in construction.
This is the senior role for the company and the manufacturing site, reporting to the China based Board of Directors. There is peer support from the Director of the sister New Zealand Pet Treats company.
The role is multi-faceted in the early stages. You will assume responsibility for the final stages of the plant construction, be fully involved in establishing the working site, supply chain, processes, systems and selecting your management team and staff.
The core responsibilities for the role are:
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors provide strategic, financial, operational, and manufacturing leadership for the Site.
- Lead, manage and be accountable for all aspects of the Manufacturing Site, ensuring that it operates in an efficient, compliant, safe, and optimal manner that is in line with the parent company’s vision, mission and business direction.
- Drive for continuous improvement in plant efficiency and optimisation.
To be successful you will be an excellent people leader and communicator. With the ability to engage, motivate and develop people from a wide array of backgrounds, education, and skillsets. You will be performance driven, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and will know how to get the best out of your team to achieve team and organisational goals.
Your experience will cover several the following attributes:
- At least 5 years in a middle management role leading people and managing process in a manufacturing/processing site environment.
- Deep working knowledge of the Food industry and processing, preferably meat or petfood.
- 10 years relevant Industry Manufacturing Experience.
- Experience in working in a compliance driven production environment including Health and Safety, Compliance, Food Safety and Environmental knowledge.
- Track record in execution with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Proven financial management expertise and experience.
- Compliance and risk management experience.
We will consider candidates from two levels, both Site Manager and COO. With the COO capable of a wider commercial management focus along with site and manufacturing responsibilities.
Remuneration is dependent on the experience of the successful applicant but is commensurate to levels expected of a COO in a mid-sized company. An attractive base plus performance bonus and vehicle is on offer.
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role.