- Key Health & Safety Management Role
- Full site H&S responsibility for ANZCO's largest Processing site
- Lead all compliance, Health and Safety related activities on site
- Performance Improvement Focus
- Ashburton location
ANZCO Foods has grown rapidly over the last 30 years to be a world-class producer of beef and lamb products. They procure premium New Zealand beef and lamb and owns the only large-scale feed lot operation in New Zealand. They are a dynamic multinational company and one of New Zealand's largest exporters, with sales of $1.65 billion annually and over 3,000 employees.
ANZCO Foods remain a Kiwi company at the core, with ANZCO's corporate office based in Christchurch. It is 100% owned by Japan’s Itoham Yonekyu Holdings. Itoham have been a partner of ANZCO since its inception in 1984, becoming a shareholder in 1995, before taking full ownership in 2017.
An exciting opportunity exists for you to play a key leadership role at ANZCO Foods Canterbury site, leading and managing its full Health & Safety portfolio.
This is a senior level Site Management role working with the Site Manager and the Group H&S Manager to effectively embed the One ANZCO Health & Safety management systems across the site. As a member of the Site’s Management Team you will assist the Site Manager in developing a performance focused culture. You will also work with the Group Manager Health and Safety to deliver the company-wide health & safety strategy for the Site.
Specific responsibilities for this role include ensuring that company health & safety strategies and systems are fully communicated and implemented throughout the Site and to drive continuous improvement and best practice in health & safety. Providing expert health & safety advice and coaching to the Site Management Team and staff are core involvements. Other responsibilities include health and safety planning and management, accident investigation and reporting, risk management and injury management. Two staff report to this role.
You will have several of the following attributes:
- Practical health & safety experience ideally in a manufacturing/production environment or food environment within a complex unionised environment.
- Ability to engage and influence the proactive uptake of Health & Safety protocols with a large workforce.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to build trust and work across all levels within the Plant
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- The proven ability to lead improvement initiatives in health & safety performance
- Solid legislative and technical HSE knowledge
- A relevant qualification in health & safety
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing the recruitment of this role for ANZCO Foods.