My client is a successful innovative and well managed gem of a firm in Timaru. Always on the move, they are growing and growing. These are the sort of firms career are made on.Situation:
A new range, a new department, high growth rate - If you live and breathe Tekla Structure, are in New Zealand and looking to make the right move, this fast mover has a lot to offer you.Your Role:
You will work at the centre of the design - handling clients' needs, leading the steelwork detailing, setting the standards. You will work with management and an expanding team to play a part in an expanding and ever-changing world of smart construction.
Most of our day will be detailing, liaising with other detailers, project managers and the fabricators, but in any typical seek, you will be interacting with engineers, clients, councils and architects to ensure an excellent job is delivered.
- Develop an understanding of the client needs and applications.
- Provide quality design and detailing output from visualisation to shop drawings.
- Liaise with client representatives, management and production.
- Handle building consent / compliance processes
- Manage and refine CAD systems (Structural / Mechnical / 3D)
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the team
You will know your way around steelwork design and Tekla Structure, be able to set up and deliver a fully detailed drawing set to NZ standards and communicate confidently to the wider tribe as well as your own team.
We will be looking for:
- Excellent steel design / detailing skills
- Advanced Tekla Structure talents (we may consider exceptional candidates with knowledge of similar packages)
- Typically 5+ years in a constructtion or consultancy design office
- Ability to think "outside the box"
- Desire to play a key role in the team
- A forward-thinker.
Not quite you?
The market is strong and growing, so we would be keen to hear from candidates with similar, relevant technical skills considering transitioning into this sector. If you are able to work in New Zealand, have good Tekla / steelwork skills and want to investigate other openings, we would welcome your application.On Offer:
The rewards for the right person are many:
- join a company experiencing long term growth in a booming sector.
- become part of a friendly well-managed firm with exceptional "people" values.
- experience a wider role than most - closer to the client and involved throughout.
- a modern well-resourced office with advanced CAD and technology.
- get to work in a great part of the country.
This role is based in Timaru, an exceptional South Canterbury city known for good schools, family lifestyle and quality, affordable housing. Many of our candidates have enjoyed the comprehensive city feature, proximity of skiing and watersport centres and the opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Sites are located throughout New Zealand and, on occasions, some short term travel (day trips mainly) may be involved.
To register your interest, please apply below, or, for a discreet chat about this position, please call Lachlan McNeill on 03 3656673 daytime and evenings until 8pm.
Tekla Structures, Midas, Risa-3D, RFEM, Canterbury, Fabricatrion, Designer, Engineering, Structural; Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Otago, Dunedin, South Island, Christchurch , Drafting, drafter, draftsman, draughter, CAD. freelance, contractor.