The Renewable energy business is crying out for solid, experienced electrical engineers able to bring their design skills to the industry.
If you are and experienced Engineer from the Power, HVAC or similar electrical fields and want to enjoy meaningful work with a great team in a booming sector, now's the time to make the move.Role:
This role is in a senior role in the design team. Projects are typically solar grid-tied systems consisting of banked photovoltaic cells feeding into the national power grid through the requisite switchgear, transformers, instrumentation with power storage, backup and protection systems in the mix.
- 7 years or more experience of electrical design for commercial / industrial applications
- Qualified Electrical Engineer registered with ENZ.
- Good software skills (MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD etc)
- Exceptional communications / people skills.
- Able to travel internationally occasionally.
- Have permission to live and work in New Zealand.
- A genuine interest in renewable energy / storage / control.
It would be nice if you have:
- Cross-border commercial experience (financial / cultural / compliance)
- Some exposure to Solar design software (Homer, PVSyst, DigSilent etc.)
- 5+ years in system design in NZ, Australia or the Pacific.
Overall this role is about clearly gaining an understanding of the needs and ensuring the solutions exceeds those needs.Rewards:
- Be part of a proven winner in the high-growth green energy sector
- Join a company offering work flexibility, professional / personal development
- Enjoy the collaborative teamwork.
- Be a part of their caring, principled approach to people and communities
- Experience diverse places technologies and people.
- Be based in a modern Wellington CBD office with an amazing view over the Harbour
This one is worth getting in touch for. Get a reasonably recent cv, add a few introductory notes on a cover note/letter today or, for a discreet chat, call Lachlan McNeill on DDI 03 3656675 or cell 0211130175
NOTE: FOSTERRA and ACORVA are jointly managing this role for our client.
DigSilent, BE, BEng, CPEng, Chartered, Masters, ME, MEng, Power, Designer, BESS, Battery Energy, Lithium, Sales, RFP, RFQ, , SLD, concept, Canterbury, Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Nelson, Protection, BEng, BE, BSc, NZCE, EWRB, HND, HNC, ND, Masters, Bachelor, Degree, Passive, IPENZ, EngineeringNZ, Chartered, Designer, PV, Green, Fiji, Pacific, Samoa, PNG, Samoa, Cook, NZ, Australia, Language, Solomon, Kiribati, Islands, remote, generators, kW, EngineeringNZ, Registered, AutoCAD, PVsyst, pvPlanner, PV F-chart, SAM, NREL, Solar Pro, Solarpro, RETScreen, SPV. MV. kV, CAPEX, ROI, Designing, Senior, Intermediate, inverter, micro-grid, microgrid, SolarGIS, Meteonorm, orientation, IEEE, EA, Energy, BESS, ETAP, analysis, investment, distribution, transmission, concepts, feasibility, simulation, modelling, modeling.