Bring your solid PM credentials to this award-winning green energy company making waves in the Pacific!The Company:
Fresh, yet with an abundance of real world experience, this firm brings smart engineers and astute management together to imagine, design and deliver better solutions in the green energy space. Today, it's mainly solar, tomorrow - who knows? What will certainly be true is that this team will be a part of the future of energy.The Role:
The first projects up will be in the Kingdom of Tonga. These will be grid-tied power systems consisting of photovoltaic cells feeding into the national power grid through the requisite switchgear, transformers, instrumentation with power storage, backup and protection systems in the mix. Construction include minor earthworks, industrial power facilities, equipment, and fabricated installations in ground or rooftop locations.
- Scoping the projects with all stakeholders
- Assist in the development of robust contracts and strategies
- Producing programs, budgets and risk analyses
- Coordinating with Design Engineers, Managers, Site Managers, Clients and compliance parties to ensure a streamlined project from tender to final commissioning
- Mentoring and development of related staff
- Maintaining good control of financial, resources and project people throughout.
- Reporting on project progress, challenges and opportunities.
You will need to be an experienced Senior Project Manager with the proven ability to deliver challenging, multi-faceted projects across borders. Robust project management credentials, excellent communication and the ability to work within a "hybrid" consultancy / delivery environment are essential.
- 10 years or more relevant project management experience (engineering and/or construction)
- Ideally 2 years minimum on New Zealand or very similar construction environments
- Significant success in developing great relationships around you
- Tertiary qualifications in Project or Construction Management and PMP, PRINCE2 etc.
- Able to start work in Wellington
- The ability to travel occasionally to often remote locations
This is an exceptional company - smart people doing good work in amazing places. Well run, balancing a strong business head with a love for making our little planet better step-by-step, they treat their people very well, offer flexibility and excellent prospects. You will be based in the modern Wellington CBD offices overlooking the harbour - there's a buzz going on and a collaborative team of dedicated professionals making real changes. You will be travelling occasionally to Tonga and, as projects come on board, to other locations around the Pacfic.
'sound good to you?Your next Step:
Apply below with a recent cv, add a cover letter or note introducing yourself or call Lachlan McNeill on 03 365 6673 / cell 021 1130175 for s discreet chat. You'll be glad you did.
SPM, PMP, PI, PMBOK, international, Senior PM, Wellington CBD, Renewable Energy, Solar Power.