Big things are happening in smart construction, and they're getting bigger. New design and manufacturing technology is changing the game all over the world to bring innovation to the construction industry and great opportunities for good people like you.
If you are a Tekla-savvy designer looking to move both forward and upward with a company you can grow with, my client could very well fill your bill.
Handling concept, design and manufacture, this company offers precision design, special products and streamlined manufacturing to lead they way in buildings designed to go together well and last a lifetime.The Role:
This role is at the hub of the company's design team - a Senior Designer / Detailer positioning sitting alongside management and production staff. This person will work closely with the engineering and architectural team to design, refine and deliver a quality design package ready for the manufacturing team to take over.
At the core of this role is the production of well thought-out, comprehensive and of course accurate designs. At the start, you will likely find yourself involved with clients' needs and visions, applying your engineering and/or technical talents for a better outcome and experiencing the reward of witnessing others grow alongside you.
- Develop an understanding of the client needs and applications.
- Provide quality design and detailing output from visualisation to shop drawings.
- Liaise with client representatives, management and production.
- Handle building consent / compliance processes
- Manage and refine CAD systems (Structural / Mechnical / 3D)
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the team
You will need to be an accomplished steelwork designer/detailer with a portfolio of construction oriented work.
We will be looking for:
- Excellent steel design / detailing skills
- Advanced Tekla talents (we may consider exceptional candidates with knowledge of similar packages)
- Typically 5+ years in a constructtion or consultancy design office
- Ability to think "outside the box"
- Desire to play a key role in the team
- A forward-thinker.
Not quite you?
The market is strong and growing, so we would be keen to hear from candidates with similar, relevant technical skills considering transitioning into this sector. If you are able to work in New Zealand, have good Tekla / steelwork skills and want to investigate other openings, we would welcome your application.On Offer:
The rewards for the right person are many:
- join a company experiencing long term growth in a booming sector.
- become part of a friendly well-managed firm with exceptional "people" values.
- experience a wider role than most - closer to the client and involved throughout.
- a modern well-resourced office with advanced CAD and technology.
- get to work in a great part of the country.
This role is based in Timaru, an exceptional South Canterbury city known for good schools, lifestyle and quality, affordable housing. Many of our candidates have enjoyed the comprehensive city feature, proximity of skiing and watersport centres and the opportunity to get on the property ladder.
Sites are located throughout New Zealand and, on occasions, some short term travel (day trips mainly) may be involved.
To register your interest, please apply below, or, for a discreet chat about this position, please call Lachlan McNeill on 03 3656673 daytime and evenings until 8pm.
Tekla Structures, Midas, Risa-3D, RFEM, Canterbury, Fabricatrion, Designer, Engineering, Structural; Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Otago, Dunedin, South Island, Christchurch , Drafting, drafter, draftsman, draughter, CAD. freelance, contractor.