Infratec have been making big waves in the renewable energy scene, designing and delivering advanced renewable energy solutions in New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Project involve using the sun's energy to provide power, lighting, technology and security to a very wide range of locations - some places where this is the first time they have had electric power overnight.
Projects are designed by a very skilled team of engineers in Wellington and delivered by a team distributed between the sites and HQ.
This is a new role taking ownership of the full spectrum of compliance for the company and remote projects. You will be responsible for:
- Identifying risks from design to final construction
- Establishing and updating health and safety processes and documentation
- Liaising with all parties from management to construction staff and sub-contactors to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Identifying environmental risks and being effective in mitigation
- Establishing and implementing good quality compliance and monitoring systems.
- Monitoring and reporting on HSEQ on a regular and incidental basis.
This is certainly a role which requires a broad and deep experience of multi-faceted construction. Remote projects, cross-border dealings, cultural and technical challenges ensure you will be well engaged.
To take ownership of this role, you will need to have:
- A solid knowledge of New Zealand HSE legislation
- Construction HSE experience within New Zealand
- The ability to create and manage compliant and effective health & safety systems.
- Proven ability to gain traction on site compliance across different cultures
- The ability to research, understand and integrate technical details / requirements into processes.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required. (mainly Wellington based)
- Excellent report production and communication skills.
It would be nice if you have: experience of electrical / power /controls engineering, but this is not a specific requirement.
Infratec has proven itself as a caring, friendly company, motivated to engage with communities and people in the best way possible. With this firm, you will:
- Be part of a proven winner in the high-growth green energy sector
- Join a company offering work flexibility, professional / personal development
- Enjoy the collaborative teamwork.
- Be a part of their caring, principled approach to people and communities
- Experience diverse places technologies and people.
- Be based in a modern Wellington CBD office with an amazing view over the Harbour
For a discreet chat, call Lachlan McNeill on 0211130175
H&S, HSE, HSEQ, QA, QC, QM, Manager, Advisor, ADB, WB, Pacific Islands, Samoa, Fiji, Solomon, Renewable, sustainability, Hutt, CBD, Central, Karori, WGN.