- Business focused IT leadership role
- Enable strategic engagement and delivery of IT
- Delivery of IT for mulitple companies within HWR
HW Richardson Group (HWR), refer www.hwr.co.nz is a family business with its origins in Southland, since the 1930’s. HWR was formed in 1982 and now includes more than 50 companies under its family of brands.
With its origins in Transport, HWR has expanded into six main sectors: Transport, Concrete, Petroleum, Contracting, Quarrying and Environmental. It is now one of New Zealand’s largest privately-owned companies, operating in New Zealand and Australian employing more than 2,500 staff and with an annual turnover of more than $1.7 billion.
This is more than a technology role, it is a business leadership role which requires strong interpersonal skills and commercial nous to understand the intricacies of companies operating within the HWR Group.
In this role you will not only be charged with designing and managing IT services to a single Corporate body but also to the wider HWR group of more than 50 companies, each with different stages of technology deployment and with different levels of uptake on technology. Potential future acquisition or mergers will add to the complexity. Exciting projects such as Teletrac Navman’s suite of GPS-based equipment and software installed into HWR’s 3000 vehicles and assets nationwide are doubling the IT Team’s user base.
HWR seek a CIO who can successfully implement a customer centric approach for IT Delivery, develop successful business relationships with Corporate Office and each of the operating companies, who can provide technology vision and leadership which will allow the IT Team and its vendor partners the timeline and resources to deliver world class IT solutions for HWR.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be an integral member of a collaborative Executive Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading and driving the company’s IT strategy. You will act as a strategic advisor to the Executive team in recommending and implementing the most appropriate technology and information solutions to support and optimise current operations and enable future growth.
Core responsibilities include:
- Review the current IT environment and develop/implement an IT ‘roadmap’ that is fit for purpose and aligned with business goals and initiatives.
- Ensuring IT delivery is implemented on a customer focused manner and functions in a proactive, advisory capacity.
- Lead, empower, and develop the IT team, ensuring the IT team has the appropriate resources and support to consistently deliver according to companies’ expectations, established guidelines and budgets.
- Negotiate partnerships and contracts with vendors which drive both parties to ensure optimum IT delivery is achieved.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for business-led innovation and development to deliver IT solutions that meet wider HWR Group needs.
- Lead the establishment and execution of a digital workplace strategy.
- Evaluate and prioritise improvements to IT infrastructure in order to ensure that IT resources are used effectively, and companies’ current and future needs are met.
- Evaluate, develop and implement an IT security strategy and ensure that appropriate security systems and process are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of company information and related intellectual property.
The ideal applicant will have a number of the following capabilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a natural influencer and relationship builder.
- Ability to contribute from both a business and IT perspective within the Executive team. Along with the ability to present at Board level as required.
- True leadership of IT with full P&L responsibility.
- Leadership of technology teams focused on improving commercial outcomes,
- Hands-on, collaborative, authentic and pragmatic technology and business leader with experience managing IT teams
- Proven technical expertise across the full spectrum of IT and previous experience reviewing IT environments and building fit for purpose ‘roadmaps’ that align with business strategy;
- Strong vendor partnership and negotiation skills with proven experience managing projects on time and on budget;
This role will bb based at Head Office in Invercargill. Invercargill provides an excellent lifestyle location like no other; with Stewart island, Queenstown and the greater Southland and Otago regions on your doorstep. For further information on the area, please visit www.invercargillnz.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 31st January.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of HW Richardson.