Meet the company making big waves in the NZ/Asia Pacific renewable energy scene. Infratec have been doing the right things over the last five years plus and are now reaping the rewards.
Combining business smarts, innovative engineering and top level people on the ground to deliver the results, this crew are growing well and taking home the trophies on the way.
Infratec design and deliver commercial scale renewable energy solutions in New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
Sites range from large resorts in Fiji to isolated communities in Kiribati - places where this is often the first time they have had electric power overnight.
Projects generally comprise grid-connected solar PV systems with BESS energy storage / backup systems but can range from stand-alone 50kWr to 1MWr systems with larger projects on the horizon.
Growth shows no signs of slowing at all in the foreseeable future and today, we are looking for a special person for a unique role.Role:
It's all about solutions. This role provides part of the technical backbone to the business team, supporting proposals, tenders RFP's etc. with feasible, effective designs and keeping the customer in the loop along the way.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining client needs and challenges.
- Leading the design of engineering solutions.
- Developing tender packages (design, product selection, budget, contracts, documentation)
- Following through with the design team, client progress and project delivery.
- Responding to client enquiries, resolving issues.
- Experience of project tendering.
- Qualified engineer (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Energy)
- Designed energy systems (solar/electrical) of a relevant scale (network-connected, BESS) .
- Good software skills (MS Words,Excel, AutoCAD etc)
- Exceptional communications / people skills.
- Able to travel internationally occasionally.
- Have permission to live and work in New Zealand.
It would be nice if you have:
- Cross-border commercial experience (financial / cultural / compliance)
- Proficiency with Solar design software (Homer, PVSyst etc.)
- 5+ years in system design in NZ, Australia or the Pacfic.
Overall this role is about clearly gaining an understanding of the needs and ensuring the solutions exceeds those needs.Rewards:
- Be part of a proven winner in the high-growth green energy sector
- Join a company offering work flexibility, professional / personal development
- Enjoy the collaborative teamwork.
- Be a part of their caring, principled approach to people and communities
- Experience diverse places technologies and people.
- Be based in a modern Wellington CBD office with an amazing view over the Harbour
So, polish up that cv and start your ball rolling, or, for a discreet chat, call Lachlan McNeill on 0211130175
NOTE: FOSTERRA and ACORVA are jointly managing this role for our client.
DigSilent, BE, BEng, CPEng, Chartered, Masters, ME, MEng, Power, Designer, BESS, Battery Energy, Lithium, Sales, RFP, RFQ, Tenders, Proposals, SLD, concept, Canterbury, Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Nelson, Protection, BEng, BE, BSc, NZCE, EWRB, HND, HNC, ND, Masters, Bachelor, Degree, Passive, IPENZ, EngineeringNZ, Chartered, Designer, PV, Green, Fiji, Pacific, Samoa, PNG, Samoa, Cook, NZ, Australia, Language, Solomon, Kiribati, Islands, remote, generators, kW, EngineeringNZ, Registered, AutoCAD, PVsyst, pvPlanner, PV F-chart, SAM, NREL, Solar Pro, Solarpro, RETScreen, SPV. MV. kV, CAPEX, ROI, Designing, Senior, Intermediate, inverter, micro-grid, microgrid, SolarGIS, Meteonorm, orientation, IEEE, EA, Energy, BESS, ETAP, analysis, investment, distribution, transmission, concepts, feasibility, simulation, modelling, modeling.