Fulton Hogan, www.fultonhogan.com is one of New Zealand’s largest and most prominent companies. It is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia. They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
Reporting to the Group CIO, a key aspect of the role will be to evaluate key technology trends and provide thought leadership on technology. You will be responsible for researching, testing and operationalising new information technologies which can provide business benefits to Fulton Hogan’s various business units.
The role is designed to lead all aspects of the strategic and operational direction of the enterprise infrastructure environment including data centres/hosting, networks/telecommunications, desktop/devices and security/business continuity. You will be responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of Fulton Hogan’s technology roadmap. This includes leading the decision making forprocurement of major infrastructure, communication, desktop hardware and software investments.
A key aspect of the role is to ensure the organisations IT security policies and procedures are implemented and maintained in the IT operational environment. You will work with internal stakeholders, key IT staff and managed service providers to ensure that Fulton Hogan’s information and systems are protected in accordance with the needs of the business and with Fulton Hogan’s core information security principles.
Additionally, you will be a key point of contact for managing technology vendor relationships and proposed solutions. You will be expected to manage strategic relationships with key IT product and services providers. You will lead the IT asset management team to ensure asset's full lifetime cycle value is achieved.
To be successful in this role you will have several of the following attributes:
- Experience leading Technology Infrastructure, Datacentres/Cloud or IT Operations teams in mid to large scale Enterprises.
- Strong understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions – know how to translate into a technology roadmap.
- Strong knowledge of IT security issues and how to manage them.
- Experience managing IT procurement and managing successful relationships with external providers that works for both parties.
- Possess an innovative and ‘blue-sky thinking approach’ on how new and emerging technologies will shape the wider business strategy and objectives.
- Experienced in managing the "journey to the cloud" and know when its makes sense commercially to do so or not do so.
- Ability to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations, and drive cross Financial/budget management.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business managers, understand what they require and give them confidence in your teams ability to add value in a proactive manner.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 17th.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively managing this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.