We are a company with a long history in providing contracting draughting and design people to great companies throughout New Zealand. Contract work can be a flexible and enjoyable way to be well rewarded for your skills and expertise, gain new experience and friends in the industry.
We mainly provide contract design staff in the following sectors:
- Architectural / Interiors
- Civil Infrastructure / Roading, Land Development
- Mechanical (Materials Handling, Product Design, HVAC, Process, Water/Wastewater, Design & Analysis)
- Electrical (Power, Power electronics, Building services)
Our clients often come to us when they have a specific problem which needs solving, Time is typically tight and they need someone who knows what to do, can meet them in person, ask all the right questions, and provide well documented drawings, designs to the right standards with minimal supervision. To be fair to all parties, we need to be clear about our requirements for members of our contract design talent pool.Here's what we need:
Location: You must be based in New Zealand as, in 99% of projects, you will need to be able to meet the client on site at least once a month.
Experience: You must have at least five years' good experince in your field and at least a reasonable number of projects completed for New Zealand companies to NZ starndards. You will need to be able to provide a portfolio of samples and at least two referees who will be able to testify to your skill level.
Communications: Clarity and effective communication, both written and spoken are imperitive in the contract game. We require an advanced level of documentation in English and the ability to talk clearly at a technical level on the phone and in person.
Now, if you meet the above criteria and want to be included in our pool, for consideration, please send:
- An Outline profile (Skills, work history, location, situation, availability)
- A summary of your Technical skills (eg, Design of materials handling systems) with examples of your best projects under each skill.
- A list of your relevant Software / CAD skills and a corresponding level (basic, working, advanced, expert) ideally in a table.
- Anything else you think we should know eg. if you work with other people, want to do more architectural work, are just returning to the workplace, prefer to work remotely/in a client's office etc.
When we are contacted by a client needing your skills, we will contact you with an outline of the project to confirm if you are interested. For the first project, we will have a Skype chat and require referees who we will contact. All going well, we will introduce you to the client and we will draft a contract which we will agree on. This will include outcomes, availability, rates and payment terms.Overseas Candidates:
We do receive a large amount of enquiries from CAD designers who have no experience working to New Zealand standards, do not have permission to work in New Zealand or simply do not have the required communications skills. Having specified above, what our clients come to us for, if you do not meet the above, to be fair to the other candidates, it is unlikely we will be able to provide a detailed individual response.
CAD, CAM, Drafting, Drafter, Technlogists, Contractor, remote, freelance, Designers, Engineers, Engineering, Architect, Machines, materials, product design, as-built, structures, roading, traffic, fitouts, fit-outs, workplace, 2020, commercial, office, industrial.