- Capital Equipment / Machinery sector
- Senior Sales Management role
- Established Company and Market Leading Products
- European market focus
This is an exciting and challenging senior sales and sales leadership role, one where the results and rewards will come directly from your efforts. It will appeal to those that want a commercial career opportunity to make their mark, who want to stamp their own personality not only within this company but within this business sector internationally.
You will be working with market leading products and for a company that is committed to keeping their products at the forefront of their market. The company/products are well known and respected within their sector in the global market. This New Zealand owned company exports 95%+ of their products.
This role is about driving further growth and development, primarily within the European market where it already has a strong presence. It’s a newly created role which reports to and works closely with the Managing Director. It has a dual function of sales management (30-40%) and business development (60-70%). Core activities include:
- Lead the sales team to achieve sales budgets by following agreed sales processes and systems.
- Guide, coach and support sales staff and dealers, assist senior management where / as required and provide market feedback to the R&D team.
- Manage specific territories assigned to this role, with the objective of also achieving & exceeding agreed contracted sales budgets, by adhering to agreed sales processes and systems.
- Know the target market’s intimately and provide regular market, competitor and customer feedback to the business to ensure the company is providing appropriate customer value and living up to its brand promise.
- Hunt and scope opportunities, close deals.
We are looking for you to have a proven record in identifying and securing new accounts and selling solutions with high value ideally within the capital equipment/machinery sector internationally. You need to be a person that gets passionate about your products, enjoy the complexity of selling them, and be good at solution-based selling as it more than just fronting with a turnkey product.
Successful people in this field have been those whose commercial/sales skills are complemented by capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions for clients.
Experience / Skills
You will have a number of the following:
- Successful history in selling high value capital equipment / machinery solutions in an international market.
- Strong leadership skills who can provide guidance, direction and coach staff and/or dealers to improve their knowledge, skill and performance
- Experience with Sales Process Management & Consultative Selling – ideally with products such as capital equipment, machinery, materials handling systems, fruit handling systems, and/or food processing industry
- Proven sales track in complex machinery sales, consultative selling skills.
- Able to discuss sales project with all layers of hierarchy
There is a high travel component to this so, as a result there needs to be the ability and willingness to travel as required.
The role is expected to be based in Christchurch.
To submit an application, press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Richard Foster on +64 3 379 7002 3055 or +64 21 85 45 45.