- Post-Harvest Fruit / Vegetable Handling Equipment
- Senior Sales Management role
- Established Company and Market Leading Products
This is an exciting and challenging senior sales role, one where the results and rewards will come directly from your efforts. It will appeal to those that want a commercial career opportunity to make their mark, who want to stamp their own personality not only within this company but within this business sector internationally.
You will be working with market leading products and for a company that is committed to keeping their products at the forefront of their market. The company/products are well known and respected within their sector in the global market.
Wyma Solutions, www.wymasolutions.com, is a locally owned success story. It remains 100% New Zealand owned with the majority of their products exported. They design, manufacture, distribute and service post-harvest vegetable equipment and solutions worldwide. They also distribute and service fruit handling systems.
Within their industry sector, they are recognised as being a world leader in innovation and delivery of innovative high-technology equipment and solutions. Their products are regularly rated amongst the best in their field. Their products are made from a range of construction materials, from mild or galvanised steel, through to stainless steel. State-of-the-art three-dimensional CAD software design technology is employed in all aspects from product layouts and proposals to complex moulding and turning processes.
One of the key reasons for this company's success has been its focus on staff and developing a supporting culture within the business. This has been achieved through strong leadership, clear company direction which is well articulated to staff and exciting products that are in the top two in their market worldwide.
This role is about driving further growth and development, either within the New Zealand/Australia market or within the India, China, Asia, South America market. It’s a newly created role which reports to and works closely with the Managing Director. It has a dual function of sales management (30-40%) and business development (60-70%). Core activities include:
- Lead the sales team to achieve sales budgets by following agreed sales processes and systems.
- Guide, coach and support sales staff and dealers, assist senior management where / as required and provide market feedback to the R&D team.
- Manage specific territories assigned to this role, with the objective of also achieving & exceeding agreed contracted sales budgets, by adhering to agreed sales processes and systems.
- Know the target market’s intimately and provide regular market, competitor and customer feedback to the business to ensure the company is providing appropriate customer value and living up to its brand promise.
- Hunt and scope opportunities, close deals.
We are looking for you to have a proven record in identifying and securing new accounts and selling solutions with high value ideally within the fruit and/or vegetable handling sector internationally. You need to be a person that gets passionate about your products, enjoy the complexity of selling them, and be good at solution-based selling as it more than just fronting with a turnkey product.
Successful people in this field have been those whose commercial/sales skills are complemented by capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions for clients.
Experience / Skills
- Ability to lead and manage a successful sales team into the interational market
- Successful history in selling high value fruit and/or vegetable equipment / machinery solutions or similar captial equipment into an international market.
- Experience with Sales Process Management & Consultative Selling – ideally with products such as capital equipment, machinery, materials handling systems, fruit handling systems, and/or food processing industry
- Able to discuss sales project with all layers of hierarchy
There is a high travel component to this so, as a result there needs to be the ability and willingness to travel as required.
This role can be based at the manufacturing site in Christchurch, New Zealand or for the right person be based within the market.
To submit an application, press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Richard Foster on +64 3 379 7002 3055 or +64 21 85 45 45.