Roles like this really do not come along often:
- Part time - fits in with your life
- Superb high-growth sector - an excellent future
- Office based - you get to mix with other people
- Renewable Energy - doing your bit to help the environment
- Timaru - lifestyle, affordable housing and great schools
We have an award-winning client blazing trails in renewable power solutions inn New Zealand, Australia, the Pacific Islands and Asia. Success means expansion and therefore they are looking for a competent AutoCAD draughtsperson to join the team.The Role:
This role is based in the company's modern Timaru offices and is reponsible for working alongside Electrical Design Engineers to produce:
- Single Line Diagrams / Schematic layouts
- Site layouts
- Fabrication drawings
- Tender proposals
- Minor construction details
Rather than being a specialist electrical role, this would be suited to anyone with a reasonable experience of engineering or architecture. The drawings produced would include the power layouts plus the associated site plans, architectural drawings for buildings and mechanical details for steelwork and building services and even a bit of civil/structurel etc. What is important for this role is
- personal organisation
- an eye for detail
- a record of learning new skills
- the ability to communicate confidently on the phone
We are looking for:
- Typically 3+ years AutoCAD experience.
- A portfolio of fully detailed drawings in mechanical, architectural or similar fields.
- Proven experience working in an English-speaking workplace.
- Confidence in communication
NOTE: You must be able to provide evidence of permission to work 30 hours per week No sponsorship is available.
This would be the perfect role for a versatile self-managing Technician with broad skills and wanting a stimulating job which fits in with a family, lifestyle and/or business.
What to do?
Apply below with
a) current cv confirming your experience.
b) cover letter outlining your location, situation and confirming your citizenship / work visa status.
We will review this and, if you meet the above criteria, request a portfolio of relevant drawings to start the process.
NOTE: FOSTERRA and ACORVA are jointly and exclusively managing this role for our client.
NZCE, ND, NZCD, Architectural, Technician, Technologist, drafter, drafting, CAD, ACAD, Solidworks, Revit, Solidedge, CREO, draughting, flexible, 2D, ArchiCAD, Civil, Fastcad, structural,