The Renewable Energy Sector is on a roll
- new technology, efficiencies, policies and mindsets have combined with the strong demand to bring better solutions to all. And not just the "first world" - my client is an award-winning leader in design and delivery of renewable energy solutions around the Pacific, Asia and also of course in Australisia. Project involve anything from major power systems for tourism and industry to simply bringing light and comfort to communities on far flung islands.
Growth in projects means they need more people to join the team.
This is a highly motivated crew dedicated to a better way for us all and will make you feel right at home if you need more than just drawwing circuits to light up your world. This consultancy design, project manage and deliver many remote projects every year and one definitely a "workplace of choice" for any similarly minded Engineer.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer
..to sit between the solar and the HV team - ideally able to contribute to both teams and also bring skills to add to the capabilities of the company.
At the core of this role, you will be responsible for designing electrical power systems. Typical installations are 0.2 - 1.2MW grid-connected solar systems with various energy storage and standby confirguations. so experience in this area is what we are looking for.
If you have good skills in:
- Circuit Design
- Cable / equipment sizing
- Protection design and specification
- Switchgear / switchroom layouts
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) specifcation and design
..then pay attention please.
This role will involve schematic and details design, proposals and tenders pkus you will be involved in commissioning of projects (Yes, on site, in really beautifal places.)You:
We would be keen to hear from qualified Electrical Engineers who have have:
- BE / BEng perhaps on track for CPEng
- New Zealand (or similar) design experience of 2+ years in power systems
- Hands-on design of power circuits
- Exposure to power networks
- Experience in with controls / automation / SCADA system integration
- A desire to join a fast-moving team on meangingful projects around the world.
- Excellent CAD skills and communications.
The is is an excellent opening for an Engineer looking to enjoy the growing and meaningful field of renewable energy and this company is leading the way.
For a discreet discussion, please call Lachlan McNeill +64 3 365 6673 or Richard Foster +64 21 85 45 45 for more insight. Please note that we cannot consider candidates requiring sponsorship or who cannot be available in New Zealand for a face-to-face interview within the next few weeks.
NOTE: FOSTERRA and ACORVA are jointly and exclusively managing this role for our client.
BEng, BE, BSc, NZCE, EWRB, HND, HNC, ND, Masters, Bachelor, Degree, Passive, IPENZ, EngineeringNZ, Chartered, Designer, PV, green, remote, generators, kW, EngineeringNZ, Registered, AutoCAD, PVsyst, pvPlanner, PV F-chart, SAM, NREL, Solar Pro, Solarpro, RETScreen, SPV. MV. kV, CAPEX, ROI, Designing, Senior, Intermediate, inverter, micro-grid, microgrid, SolarGIS, Meteonorm, orientation, IEEE, EA, Energy, BESS, ETAP, analysis, investment, distribution, transmission, concepts, feasibility, simulation, modelling, modeling, substations, SCADA, IoT, controls, BESS, Lithium, LIon, wind, protection, isolation, IoT,