My client is a specialist in the design and delivery of renewable energy (solar) projects to businesses, schools and communities around the world. This company consistently tops our list for employee satisfaction, meaningful work and career development. That's worth noting when you are making your next career move.
Already very successful, a number of new projects in the Solomon Islands has resulted in the need for a special person to ensure things carry on as planned.The Role:
This is a role based in Honiara taking ownership of the timely acceptance of project materials and equipment via air, land or sea and ensure this is both correct, intact, fulky documented and then dispatched as intended to a number of sites around the Solomon Islands.
This will include:
- Receipt / acceptance of shipping services from around the world to the Solomons
- Checking of correct documentation and verification of goods shipped
- Establishing of excellent working relationships with shipping, freight forwarding and local transportation organisations.
- Management of import compliance, special goods requirements and queries.
- Liaising with Site Managers, suppliers and all parties along the logitics path.
This will be a contract for approximately 18 months from commencement in August 2019 and there may be the possibility of extension after this.You:
This role requires and experienced, resourceful and diligent person with a record of taking responsibility for a wide range of tasks in and around the logitics / freight forwarding sector. This role operates with minimal supervision and in many cases effectively independently.
- Proven experience in international / national logistics
- A knowledge of waybills including electronics waybills and other shipping documentation.
- Conversant with the various insurances required for national and international shipping
- Experience working in the Pacific Islands would be an advantage
- Physicall fit, healthy.
- A clean Driver's Licence
In addition, you must have exceptional communications, be able to think on your feet and often outside the square when it comes to getting the equipment from A to B.
This is a very special and exciting opportunity, bringing with it the chance to be involved in meaningful projects and a genuinely passionate team making a difference across the Pacific,What next?
To let us know you're interested, apply below and we will fill you in on the details.