- Newly Created Role
- Vibrant office with a great culture
- Growing & thriving retail business
Stirling Sports, www.stirlingsports.co.nz, prides itself as being a retail company that is anchored in sport and executed with style. After opening the first store in 1964 on Dominion Road, Stirling Sports has grown to be one of New Zealand’s largest sporting retail stores with 54 Franchises nationwide.
It is a progressive and dynamic business driven by a sharp focus on customer demand and host to the worlds most loved and on trend brands. Striving to always be on top of the game, with a strong reputation and loyal customer base, they continue to invest in their overall growth strategy, ensuring they are one step ahead of their competitors. Working in their stylish Christchurch head office, this company is a real success story and is made up of a high performing team of people who are engaged and excited about what they do.
This role calls for an IT professional with a strong blend of both technical and interpersonal skills. The IT team is focused on providing the best customer experience to both their internal and external clientele, responding to incidents and requests with seamless delivery each and every time. With your clientele being a mixture of staff from the Head Office, Inhouse Stores and Franchised stores you will be supporting them via a mixture of in person, telephone and email.
Working in a small IT team and interacting very closely with the business you will provide a wide range of front-line technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to POS, hardware, software, peripherals. This will include a mix of help desk, user administration, maintaining the fixed asset register, testing, analysis, reporting and special project work.
The key attribute you will possess is a strong natural focus on customer service and providing a great user experience. As an ‘IT all-rounder’, you will be capable of multi-tasking and setting priorities.. You will have a broad set of IT experience & skills, and you are flexible and adaptable, willing and able to work on a diverse range of tasks. You have strong troubleshooting skills, and while you are able to work with minimal supervision, you enjoy being part of a small close team.
To be successful in this role technically you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to run SQL Queries and Reports, with exposure to reporting tools such as Power BI viewed favourably
- Fielding incoming service requests and issues (telephone and email) from end users.
- Providing support to our stores to resolve hardware and software issues in a quick and efficient manner.
- Recording, tracking and documenting all service requests and issues, including the decisions made, actions take and resolutions achieved.
- Being hands-on in fixing desktop issues, including the installation of hardware upgrades to desktop or POS software, and configuring systems and applications.
- A thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
Retail IT experience, particularly with POS applications will be viewed favourably. KUDOS is the POS used.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
Stirling Sports is working exclusively with FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment in association with the Echelon Group regarding the recruitment of this position. To be considered for this role you must contact Echelon Group directly as applications through other agencies will not be accepted.