Fulton Hogan is one of NZ's largest and most prominent companies. It is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia. They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
Based in Christchurch at their Head Office, working alongside the Group Applications Manager you will be involved in defining the enterprise data integration/architecture vision and strategy for Fulton Hogan. The role is a part of a wider separation project to move all data and applications from an On-Premise model fully into the Cloud. As such you play a key role in the implementation of a data framework that supports the vision, its delivery and ongoing support, and the enforcement of the framework across all capabilities and stages. You will work with project & support teams and the business stakeholders, to manage and oversee the architecture framework.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assist in the design of an integration framework for applications used throughout the company.
- Assess current applications, data flows and processes and design for future growth
- Work with the development team and SMEs on integration projects in the core application environment
- Provide guidance on best practice design and configuration for new integration architecture to support the business
- Assist with the review of third party & vendor solutions to ensure they meet Fulton Hogan’s enterprise architect principles.
- Help to build and maintain a support Knowledge Base to assist Analysts with future troubleshooting
- Ensure an understanding of the integration landscape and provide continuous improvements within the Change Management process
- Contributes to the delivery of the Fulton Hogan continuous improvement program
The company operates an integrated systems environment using Biztalk and Dell Boomi the core architecture. Core applications as JDE, Salesforce, Payglobal and Workday plus a range of key apps. On the data side the the technical environment is MS SQL Server, MS Business Intelligence Tools and Wherescape Red.
Fulton Hogan seek a Solutions/Integration Architect who can demonstrate practical affinity with the business. Someone who can understand each business unit's priorities and who can recognise their upcoming pressures for applications, data and reporting capability before they do. A person who could influence people and lead systems integration initiatives for the company.
You should have strong data integration architecture skills, with a deep understanding of system integrations. You should have a track record of integrating robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. Other experience includes:
- A solid understanding of how digital, middleware, process automation, data and analytics can be integrated
- Clear evidence of the ability to architecturally design and deliver ‘leading edge’ data-driven solutions to significant business problems is essential
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Working knowledge of integration tools and server technologies and how these interact with application interfaces.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping and data mapping
- Clear knowledge in the implementation of Services Orientated Architecture (SOA) based solutions.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To submit an application please press the Apply key.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements, we may not acknowledge your enquiry.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively mangaging this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.