- Newly Created Role
- Build an Inhouse IT Test Practise
- Mix of Strategic and "Hands-On" activities
This is an exciting, rare opportunity for a skilled and knowledgeable Testing Professional to establish an IT Test practice covering all areas of IT for Fulton Hogan but specifically in the digital apps space.
It will appeal to a “Doer”, someone who still likes to get their hands dirty doing different aspects of Testing but who wants to have more holistic, strategic input into how Testing can contribute to a successful IT environment.
It’s about putting in place industry best practice for IT Testing but at the same time ensuring the Testing approach is applicable and appropriate for the Fulton Hogan business environment. That it compliments, supports and adds value to the successful delivery of IT to the business.
The role is responsible for ensuring there is a single overview and a consistent approach taken for Testing of IT related projects and activities. A Test Strategy is developed and regularly maintained, that associated processes and systems are implemented and consistently followed. That all IT system enhancements, upgrades and implementations are fully tested and comply with user functional expectations and corporate standards prior to release.
Testing is an accepted concept within the Fulton Hogan IT environment and is regularly used on a project basis but has predominantly been provided via an outsourced model. This role is the first step to establish an Inhouse centre of excellence for Testing utilising a future mix of internal and external resource as required.
- To define and own the test strategy, test plans and data requirements for each applicable project.
- Develop measures for Test efficiency, assess Testing maturity level, determine where it needs to go.
- To work with Group IT colleagues and business representatives to ensure that suitable test environments are designed, delivered and managed to allow full testing to be completed.
- To seek opportunities to increase the efficiency of the testing, including adoption of AI and test automation tools
- To ensure that the testing strategy is kept up to date in the light of industry trends and changing business needs.
- To manage and undertake test activities, including the allocation of test resources across multiple streams of IT projects
- To develop estimates for test effort required to support projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques for a broad range of IT solutions and applications.
- Experienced in the use of advanced testing tools and techniques.
- Willingness to still get your hands dirty from time to time undertaking testing.
- Coordinating people and teams
- Executing effective leadership.
- Negotiating and Influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Fulton Hogan is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia. They offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. They cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
FOSTERRA HR & Recruitment is exclusively mangaging this recruitment process on behalf of Fulton Hogan.