It is boom time in renewable energy and this award-winning company is leading that charge. A local firm doing very well offshore, they are the new generation, bringing major changes through solar systems and other solutions throughout Australasia and the Pacific. With some of the smartest minds in the industry and a crew with a passion for environmental sustainability they are earning accolades from all directions.
The hard work is paying dividends as they are continuing a pattern of happy customers and more projects coming in. This growth means they need more great people on the spot to make things happen.
This month we are looking for a Site Manager to manage individual project delivery for project around the NZ Pacific Islands. Take a look.Projects:
On various locations throughout Australasia and the Pacific, these renewable energy projects ranging from ground level structures to roof-mounted solar installations. They are not huge, projects, but, combining minor earthworks, structural, electrical and general construction, there will be plenty to keep you busy. Projects typically last 4 - 6 weeks each, then it's home for a couple for weeks before heading out to the next amazing location.Role:
As Site Manager, you will be the first person on site and will manage the delivery of projects from start to finish. With a Project Manager to handle the paperwork,your role is essentially about understanding what needs to be done, engaging the subcontractors, talking with the clients, engineers, local authorities and shipping people to ensure things arrive on site, the work is done to plan and everybody stays safe.
Typical project sequence:
- Arrive on site and check for any immediate issues.
- Set up the site - visit client, health and safety.
- Organise subcontractors to meet scheduled work.
- Oversee completion and certification of work according to design and contract / regulatory requirements.
- Record and report to Project Managers on project progress, challenges and costs.
- Secure site on commencement of work.
- Experience in delivery of remote small to medium projects.
- Exceptional communications skills - able to instruct and report clearly.
- Good experience of following professional documentation
- Familarity with site health and safety requirements.
- The proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, communities and cultures.
- Be physically fit and a confident communicator.
- Be able and willing to travel and locate for projects overseas.
- Be able to get on well with a wide variety of ages and cultures.
- Have a current visa/work permit/Citizenship to allow you to live and work in New Zealand.
We do not need you to have experience of large construction projects, advanced electrical knowledge or solar systems.On Offer:
This is a well rewarding and frankly pretty amazing opportunity to travel, enjoy the benefits of a growing industry with plenty of prospects and see something good through to completion.Interested?
Apply below without delay. For a discreet discussion please call Lachlan McNeill on +64 3 3656673.
Project, supervisor, foreperson, Foreman, Solomon, Fiji, Kiribati, Christmas, Cook, Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatua, Chatham.