- Newly created position
- Hands-on GIS role with input into its strategic direction
- Christchurch, Head Office based
Our client, an award winning service provider, is looking for a commercially savvy, practical and pragmatic GIS professional to join its wider Engineering Services Group. A person who can firmly establish GIS capability across key disciplines in the organisation, to add value for staff and clients through increasing collaboration, efficiency and access to key information..
This position is to provide specialist geospatial leadership across a range of linear and discrete asset types. The role encompasses development of strategic and tactical advice on the deployment of GIS technology and systems in the water, roading and industries sectors, including system support / deployment, and field support and analysis to Contract Managers.
This involves the development, deployment and utilisation of the agreed work systems and platforms (Maximo, ESRI, ArcGIS and associated tools) and business interfaces to allow integration of spatially relevant contract information. You will act as custodian of the GIS system and associated data models to ensure data integrity and quality is maintained.
The position is key to assisting Contract Managers collect, visualise and analyse spatial asset condition and attribute data to identify opportunities to optimise through contract (and asset life) costs to improve customer outcomes and contract margins. The role will involve assisting clients in understanding their networks and service outcomes.
Skills and Experience
You will have a number of the following attributes:
- Proven experience developing and delivering GIS solutions to a commercial entity.
- Experience in development and utilisation of GIS based field tools (mobile field technology) for data capture and assessment of linear and discrete assets. (i.e. Esri Collector, Survey 123 etc).
- Experience in briefing user requirements for GIS system enhancements and integrations to third party GIS contractors for delivery. Proven experience in delivering such projects on time and to budget.
- Proven ability to communicate GIS technology benefits to clients and internal stakeholders to develop support for system investment. Good project delivery and communication skills.
- Experience in utilising smart network tools in GIS environment is an advantage.
Technically you will understand the following:
- Management and use of statistical techniques to analyse large data sets and present the data ensuring spatial context is accommodated for end users.
- Strong understanding of linear assets and networks and their functions.
- Understanding and ability to use ArcGIS geospatial platforms linked to other operational databases (financial, work flow, safety, customer etc) for data visualisation.
- Strong commercial and risk acumen and understanding – we want to build tools that improve project and contract value.
- Understanding of integration toolsets and how to utilise such toolsets.
- Strong understanding of GIS data model schema and data standards.
You will be joining a company that looks at the right people as being a powerful asset to the success of the project. Working in multicultural teams of people with diverse skills to achieve great outcomes. They are looking for people to bring their unique skills and abilities to add value to the project team.
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.