Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a critical role within the manufacturing team and you are needed to become a key performer. It is a dual purpose role
Firstly you will support the R&D Team by coordinating and ensuring the timely delivery of prototypes, limited batches and custom instrumentation. In essence, you are the link that will take product specifications from the R&D team and develop the full manufacturing plan/specifications so that the product can be manufactured. Additionally you will perform the project coordination function which will require significant liaison and coordination with the likes of the tooling, manufacturing, quality assurance, and purchasing teams.
Secondly this is a general purpose engineering role covering all aspects of factory support, including manual and CNC machine operation/production and CAD/CAM Programming. This includes coming up with the concept to the fixture, how we will programme the part and how to get it into production. It will involve undertaking a wide range of tasks within the manufacturing/production environment. The position requires initiative and personal leadership to proactively produce great product and continuously improve what we do.
Ideally we also want you to have the ability to operate at a senior level. Providing input into how the parts can be made more efficiently, are the machines set out correctly, whether to use CAM or not for certain parts, whether the right software and machines are being used, etc.
Skills and Attributes
To perform this role, ideally you will have a number of the following attributes
- Proven experience in an engineering factory environment.
- A Trade Qualified or recognised Fitter & Turner background with CNC Experience would be an ideal applicant.
- Preference is for you to have strong CNC Milling and Turning experience but we will also consider strong candidates if you only have CNC lathe experience.
- A minimum of 3 years CNC Programming experience.
- Working knowledge of component production, and fitting and assembly
- Understanding of Mechanical Design, with the ability to read 2D and 3D drawings
- Knowledge of product / NPI engineering i.e.(routings, BOMs, manufacturing directions)
- Working knowledge of a quality management system.
- Effective documentation capability.
- Initiative and personal leadership.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- A proactive approach to all aspects of production.
- Very good problem solving skills
100% New Zealand owned, this organisation is a local success story with the vast majority of their products exported. They have consistently continued to grow and develop their business over this period. Within their industry sector, they are recognised as being a world leader in innovation and delivery of innovative high-technology equipment and solutions. Their products are regularly rated amongst the best in their field.
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To Submit an application please press the Apply key.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your enquiry.
Note: This role is exclusive to FOSTERRA Consulting Group.