- Newly created In-House role
- Large, complex multi-site IT Infrastructure
- Large, prominent Australasian business
- Christchurch, Head Office location
This is a great opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Specialist to step into a senior IT role while maintaining their hands-on skills but take a step up into managing a range of related projects, vendor relationships and performance, and the ongoing planning as part of the IT Infrastructure team.
You will be primarily responsible for the planning, designing and implementation of the IT infrastructure on a day to day and project basis. Within the IT Infrastructure team, you will focus on managing the technical view under Applications but above the Servers. You will ensure all activities are initiated to account for business requirements and capacity demands, while ensuring the work is delivered on time and on budget.
Depending on your skillset and technical interests you will undertake a range of day to day and project tasks on the Servers, Network, Firewall, Citrix and VOIP. Other times you will engage and manage contractors and vendors to service the workload or provide technical expertise. Key technologies include Citrix Stack, Microsoft Stack and some VMWare.
Specific responsibilities include:
- To contribute to the IT Infrastructure strategy and planning process.
- To work with external IT partners to maintain and improve the national and trans-Tasman networks.
- To ensure Windows servers are resourced and secure.
- Setting up and maintaining Sites.
- Ensuring the load balancing remains correctly allocated.
- To provide leadership for the Helpdesk and desktop support delivery while also providing tier 3 support.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Key attributes you may have include:
- At least five years’ experience in Infrastructure positions.
- Experience with key technologies such as the Citrix Stack, Microsoft Stack and VMWare.
- Experience in supporting a multi-national network.
- Experience in capacity planning and vendor management.
- Experience with integrated telephone systems.
- An exceptional customer service focused attitude.
- The ability to work effectively within a small team environment to achieve group and company objectives.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To Submit an application please press the Apply key.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your enquiry.
Note: This role is exclusive to FOSTERRA Consulting Group.