ANZCO Foods is one of New Zealand's largest exporters, with over 3,000 employees worldwide and turnover in excess of $1.5 billion. ANZCO procures premium New Zealand beef and lamb, and owns the only large scale feed lot operation in New Zealand.
ANZCO's purpose is to transform a large part of the animal into innovative food and healthcare products that are then marketed and sold in over 80 countries. With the aim of enriching lives with product made from New Zealand beef and lamb, and connecting producers with global market opportunities, ANZCO is challenging the boundaries as part of its journey of transformation.
You will enjoy working for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. They offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
There are two roles, one for the Day Shift and the other for the Afternoon Shift. They are based at ANZCO's Waitara manufacturing plant in Taranaki. This site has two production lines. One for ANZCO Prepared Foods (APF) such as patties for McDonalds and Burger Fuel. The second for ANZCO Gourmet Foods (AGF) such as Low and High Risk departments producing raw minced and diced products along with fully cooked products (RTE) Jerky, Shanks and Ribs.
You will be responsible to ensure the production of products meet the required specifications in a planned and sustainable way within the required time frames to enable the business to achieve continued growth.
- Creating a culture of performance and proactive leadership of your team.
- Meet targets for production to plan, quality, yields and costs.
- Daily and weekly yield reporting and ensuring corrective actions for variances.
- Daily reporting on labour utilisation
- Provide Health and Safety leadership to AGF staff.
- Ensure compliance with customer, food safety and other regulatory requirements.
- Scheduling production on a daily basis to ensure operational plan is met
- Complete monthly operational reports.
Ideally you will have a number of the following attributes:
- Food Manufacturing experience in a similar position
- Understanding of food safety and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of lean principles and commitment to their application
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements and best practice
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to manage a team through change
- Food processing experience, meat processing experience
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your enquiry.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role for our client.