From their base in Wellington this award-winning fast-moving company has risen to the challenge of taking renewable energy from the drawing board it to the people of the world. While at home they are winning accolades for business acumen and being a champion of innovation, the action is also happening elsewhere on the planet. Now, having delivered successful projects in New Zealand, South East Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Islands, they are now taking their resources, talent and people connections on to bigger things.
This is a future we would like you to be a part of. If you have a passion for meaningful, work, good technical foundations, a personal energy and organisation to make things happen plus the attitude to ride the challenges, then walk this way.THE ROLE:
This role has three core components:
- Planning and research for commercial renewable projects
- Development of modelling and designs for solar/renewable solutions.
- Support in the delivery of well-researched proposals.
All projects start with the gathering of information; site configuration, client challenges, technical hurdles, regulations, and practicalities. You will work alongside management and engineering experts to identify feasible scenarios and compile the data to enable a winning solution to be developed.
For the design part, you will typically be starting with schematic PV/Battery storage system layouts and site details, then using your design skills and experience, take these designs through to fully detailed, feasible and professional proposals. You will have ample support from the Engineers in the team but will need to be willing to jump on the CAD system, whip up a spreadsheet on the fly, create a solar PV simulation and have an eye for detail.
Proposals & Tenders:
With a solution developed, you will play a key role in ensuring this is developed into a well targeted, professionally presented and fully compliant proposal. You will verify pricing, international regulatory requirements, tender specification, stakeholders and presentation standards. You will also deal directly with other parties along the way to ensure this happens as smoothly as possible.
This is an exceptionally diverse role covering the broad spectrum of renewable energy design in the real world but essentially, it is about identifying and focusing on the solution that meets the customer’s needs.
- Electrical design experience
- Exceptional communications
- Excellent people skills
This is a role where dealing well with a wide range people is an absolute must. These are international projects and this company is working with a hugely diverse range of communities, cultures and environments every week. We need an Engineer with both the IQ to solve the problems and the EQ to ensure the solution matches the client’s needs.
Design and modelling-wise we are looking for an Engineer with a couple of post-graduate years of real world design in electrical engineering. This design experience should include solar PV, battery storage and LV but we are open to any relevant power systems design experience.QUALIFICATIONS:
This role needs a healthy balance of technical understanding and people.
To give an indication, we would expect:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical, Power or Mechanical Engineering ideally with ENZ membership.
- A minimum of two years' experience in design of relevant generation technologies and power systems.
- A good awareness of solar PV and battery storage equipment and configurations.
- A clean and valid driver's licence
- Competency with AutoCAD, Microsoft word etc.
- Familarity with PV Syst, HOMER, Helioscope and /or other design and modelling tools (BlueSol, PVComplete, PVCAD, PVSol, PVWatts, Solar Pro, RapSim, SAM, Aurora etc).
- Exceptionally clear and confident written and spoken communications.
- Very good health and physical fitness/ability.
- A genuine interest in sustainable solar photovoltaic, thermal, wave, wind energy solutions.
- The ability to travel on occasions will be required in the future.
On offer is a unique opportunity to join the growth of renewable energy into utility scale developments and be part of a growing, ambitious and successful company making waves in the sector well past our shores. The support, the continuing development and the experiences will be very hard to equal for your professional and personal development.THE WORKPLACE:
This work environment is casual yet focused and in a fresh, open office right in the heart of Wellington. Make no mistake, this is a business and this team enjoys working hard. On the flip side, you will be offered flexibility and potential many dream about. It’s part of a dynamic world and holds a great future for the right Engineer.
With growth comes opportunity.
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Lachlan McNeill on +64 3 365 6673 or Richard Foster on +64 3 379 7002. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: FOSTERRA and ACORVA are jointly and exclusively managing this role for our client.