- Wellington or Timaru location
This fast-moving New Zealand owned company partner's with pioneering companies and develops innovative business solutions in renewable energy, high voltage networks and alternative fuels across the globe. They provide their customers with engineering design, construction and finance solutions in renewable technologies, such as solar and stand-alone power systems, HV network design and communications and in alternative fuels.
While at home they are winning awards for astute business acumen and being a champion of innovation, the action is also happening elsewhere on the planet. Now, having delivered successful projects in New Zealand, South East Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Islands, they are now taking their resources, talent and people connections on to bigger things.
This is a future we would like you to be a part of. If you have a passion for meaningful, work, good technical foundations, a personal energy and organisation to make things happen plus the attitude to ride the challenges, we would like to talk with you.
As a Design Engineer you are responsible for working within the Engineering group to provide primarily electrical engineering services to the Business Development and Operations teams.
You will support the Business Development team by contributing to developing tenders and proposals, identifying and designing technical solutions, creating conceptual designs and assisting with accurate pricing and estimates work.
You will support the Operations team with taking conceptual designs through to detailed design, for low and medium to high voltage installations.
Area of electrical design you will support include: equipment selection, equipment layouts, cabling and conductor design and selection, protection design, line design, cable and fuse selection, panels and switch room layouts, SCADA and controls design, commissioning support.
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will have a number of the following:
- BE (Electrical) or NZCE or equivalent with 5+ years commercial experience
- Strong CAD skills, ideally in AutoCAD.
- Detailed knowledge of design processes and documentation
- Technical writing and documentation
- Understanding of HV and MV network design
- Previous experience in tendering and proposal development
- Proactive communication skills internally and externally focused.
Desirable skills include:
- Industrial and/ or HV experience
- E-Tap, Digsilient, PVsyst, modelling tools
- Previous experience working on projects delivered in an international setting
- Previous experience with multilateral donors (ADB, WB, EU etc.)
- Renewables experience an advantage but not a requirement
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on +64 3 379 7002 or Lachlan McNeill on +64 3 365 6673. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: FOSTERRA and ACORVA are jointly and exclusively managing this role for our client.