- Broad array of Civil projects but with a core focus on Infrastructure and Land Development
- Long standing, renown local consultancy - its reputation attracts iconic projects
- Ambitious company with friendly, close knit atmosphere
A great opportunity for an Civil Engineer to establish themselves in the local market within one of Canterbury's leading mid sized consultancies, working alongside well connected and market renown Partners.
It will appeal to an Engineer who wants to have access to signature projects but not be closed out from the key aspects of a project by a large internal hierarchy. Once settled in you will have the opportunity to get involved in the full breath of a project. Offering access to a wide array of civil projects, the work includes subdivision and engineering design, contract administration and observation of works for a wide range of projects.
With a long involvement with the land development engineering in Canterbury, our client are one of the "In" Consultancies in Canterbury with a wide involvement in most key infrastructure projects. They are a medium sized, multi disciplinary consultancy offering engineering, surveying and planning services. They offer a wide range of civil and environmental engineering services specialising in residential and industrial development from small driveways and rights of way to large-scale subdivisional roading and infrastructure.
Their engineers are well experienced in the design and construction contract administration for sewerage and stormwater treatment works, and the preparation of applications for discharge consents from Regional Councils. Clients range from individuals and community groups through to large companies, local and regional authorities and government departments.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a Civil Engineer who combines their technical competence with the ability to take control of assignments, managing individual projects and liaising directly with clients, council and contractors. As such you will have knowledge of the full range of activities involved in undertaking infrastructure projects. You will be a confident, ambitious person who is looking for the opportunity to shake the shackles and make your mark
Ideally applicants will possess a number of the following skills and experience:
- Be a "Good Bugger" - Be good at your job but importantly be good company to work alongside and to unwind with after work.
- Preference is for Engineers already with New Zealand experience but overseas candidates with appropriate experience will be considered.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Be motivated, self-reliant and welcome a business development role
- Experience in road, drainage and subdivision design
- Experience in construction supervision and administration, project management and report writing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in overseeing design projects (including financial management)
- Experience in managing junior members
- Experience in liaising with clients, councils and other consultants
- Once proven, there are good prospects for advancement within the company and excellent working conditions in a friendly team environment. Skills and experience will be appropriately rewarded with a competitive package.
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, please use the Apply button.