ANZCO Foods is one of New Zealand's largest exporters, with over 3,000 employees worldwide and turnover in excess of $1.5 billion. ANZCO procures premium New Zealand beef and lamb, and owns the only large scale feed lot operation in New Zealand.
ANZCO's purpose is to transform a large part of the animal into innovative food and healthcare products that are then marketed and sold in over 80 countries. With the aim of enriching lives with product made from New Zealand beef and lamb, and connecting producers with global market opportunities, ANZCO is challenging the boundaries as part of its journey of transformation.
You will enjoy working for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. They offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
This role is based at ANZCO's Waitara manufacturing plant. This site has two production lines. One for ANZCO Prepared Foods (APF) such as patties for McDonalds and Burger Fuel. The second for ANZCO Gourmet Foods (AGF) such as Low and High Risk departments producing raw minced and diced products along with fully cooked products (RTE) Jerky, Shanks and Ribs. This role is responsible for the second production line, AGP.
You will have full responsibility to ensure the production of AGP products to meet the required customer specifications in the required time and in a safe manner to ensure the operation achieves strong financial results. This involves:
- Creating a culture of performance
- Managing including procurement, planning, scheduling, production and distribution of product
- Ensuring compliance systems are adhered to for both low risk and high risk products and improving performance and systems to reduce risk.
- Managing and controlling costs to maintain within budgets
- Influencing and implementing change throughout the entire business to achieve best practice by achieving lean manufacturing practices. Implementing lean,
- Setting target points and monitoring yields, wastage and material uses and ensuring that the plant meets budget requirements
Ideally you will have a number of the following attributes:
- At least five years in a production management role, preferably within the food industry;
- Proven people leadership experience, can demonstrate continuous improvement thinking in a processing environment
- Significant knowledge of managing an effective and profitable production process
- Strong customer service ethos
- Can demonstrate leadership experience applying lean thinking, quality systems, food safety, health and safety controls
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role for our client.